Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 civic with a d16y7, i removed my turbo to go back to stock for emissions, but i need to figure out what to do with my turbo oil drain bung and the oil feed line, can I just loop them so the turbo feed line goes right to the oil pan?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
honestly i have no idea about the sandwich plate. I am asking my buddy who installed it, what kind of cap did you use? i was thinking a vacuum cap with a hose clamp holding it on?

·
Registered
55 Posts
why not just order a -4an cap from the Earl's site for the feed line?? then just let the hose sit somewhere in the bay? I also use a push lok for my return line but i had a 1/2npt aluminum bung wleded to my pan so if i ever want to take it off, all it takes is a 1/2 npt plug from lowes to cap it off..

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
519 Posts
you could try disconnecting your wastegate rod if its internal, putting the stock injectors back in and running the stock ecu.

·
Registered
414 Posts
^ good point, it depends on where you are... i have a visual inspection too but i know some people who know some people so i get it done ;) lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am in az, visual and rollers, I just took it again and it barely failed, CO is supposed to be 15 got 15.25, i am trying to figure out if new spark plugs are gonna help and rubbing alcohol in the tank

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
i am in az, visual and rollers, I just took it again and it barely failed, CO is supposed to be 15 got 15.25, i am trying to figure out if new spark plugs are gonna help and rubbing alcohol in the tank
Use denatured alcohol. Then you will be set. Really lowered my emissions here in az. And remember only use about a quart in the tank for the 10 gallons. You don't wanna wash the cylinder walls down and fry your rings. I've posted this before and it's been tried and true method for us az guys.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Rubbing alcohol in the tanks and retest. If they passed you on the visual already just get the CO score down. I have seen Rubbing alcohol make the test go from 18 down to 2.5. My friend is from AZ and this is how he has passed several inspections with his boosted crx.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did new autolite spark plugs and put 16 oz of denatured alcohol and a few gallons of gas giving me a 1/4 tank and failed worse previous scores were hc 1.14 pass, co 15.24 fail, nox 1.55 pass

current scores hc 2.06 fail, co 51 fail, nox 1.33 pass

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wouldn't do this. I've said this before but I'd be afraid of over spinning the turbo.
well i would assume he wouldnt be redlineing it for the drive to the inspection place? that would just be stupid... but if you felt the need then yeah i guess take the wg spting out too.. lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts