Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ihave a mechanical temp gauge and I'm looking for a adapter that goes inline on the hose so Idont have to tap the block any suggestions ?????

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
If you are talking about water temp, here is what I did. Works great. I removed the 2 10mm bolts that hold the water neck to the head, removed bleed screw, drilled it out and tapped it so that the sender fit in. Put a new layer of hondabond back on and reinstalled it to the head. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its water temp and I will try this what size bit did you use or will it vary depending on my sending unit

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
yea its water temp and I will try this what size bit did you use or will it vary depending on my sending unit
You will need to buy a pipe tap, and on the side of the pipe tap it will say the size of the drillbit you need.

I'm also going to try and cut down the piece it threads into as i seem to be getting a reading of the alum temp rather than the coolant...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
that's normally ther hottest place on the head... especially during warmup.. the coolant flows thru the head, but not around the cylinders there.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
that's normally ther hottest place on the head... especially during warmup.. the coolant flows thru the head, but not around the cylinders there.
My gauge starts out normal but then after a couple minutes pegs our my 250degree display...

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
My gauge starts out normal but then after a couple minutes pegs our my 250degree display...
something has got to be wrong with your guage or sending unit. mine is about 3 degrees warmer than what I read through my hondata.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
my car usually runs between 185 and 197 degrees.
Alright, i think i'm just going to cut down the part where it is tapped in, i think its reading the aluminum temp...i'll find out in a couple weeks when i'm home...I dont remember what my hondata reading was, i'll have to go plug my laptop in and check...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts