Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys...this is what I decided to buy unless someone can convince me that I shouldn't..... EF EG EK D15 D16 D15A SOHC T3/T4 T04E T3 Turbo Charger Kit W/ Turbonetics Turbo | eBay Please give me alternatives if you disagree with this purchase, but also consider these things:
- The turbo alone retails from turbonetics for $799, so the other stuff is $119 which is a smoking deal.
- I WANT to run a cast manifold, I would love tubular, but I wont use a junkie chineese tubular that will crack, and I can't afford a real tubular mani.
- I know the wastegate is unreliable, and I plan to replace it with a real Tial as soon as possible.
- I need a bolt on downpipe, I don't have a welder or pipe bender at my disposal to make my own, and there is only 1 exhaust shop around here, and they said like $200 for a custom downpipe....what a f-ing rip off.

So what do you guys think?

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
meh its not bad I got money that downpipe wont fit. And it wouldnt surprise me if its a knock off turbo. But why not support some of the shops that are on the boards. You will get way more bang for your buck and support those that support the industry and are not out to get a quick buck. I bet if you had questions about this what ever it is you wouldnt get shit for support. Call bob and you can speak to him or one of his staff to get you straight.

·
Registered
102 Posts
it sounds like your eventually going to replace most of the kit over time(except for the turbo) i'd honestly say save your money and buy what you want the first time. you can also go the used route , it just takes some searching to find d-series parts. lol trust me, its taken me almost three years to get to the point i am now with my car. itll be worth it in the end.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
it sounds like your eventually going to replace most of the kit over time(except for the turbo) i'd honestly say save your money and buy what you want the first time. you can also go the used route , it just takes some searching to find d-series parts. lol trust me, its taken me almost three years to get to the point i am now with my car. itll be worth it in the end.
Dude your doing it wrong took me a year to build my setup. That included engineering the D2b shit....... Single cams are cheap. :uh:

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Imo way over priced. Get a chealer ebay kit. Mod here m there therrn get up asnd running. Swap out parts later as they fail. By the end your hasve a great kit.
Or just save up and get a premade kit go-autoworks, or fab your own part by part.

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
meh its not bad I got money that downpipe wont fit. And it wouldnt surprise me if its a knock off turbo. But why not support some of the shops that are on the boards. You will get way more bang for your buck and support those that support the industry and are not out to get a quick buck. I bet if you had questions about this what ever it is you wouldnt get shit for support. Call bob and you can speak to him or one of his staff to get you straight.
support affiliates! i would never spend that much money on a ebay kit. go with a trusted setup and with great customer service as well as their voice and communication on this site

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dude your doing it wrong took me a year to build my setup. That included engineering the D2b shit....... Single cams are cheap. :uh:
their not cheap enough for me lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its ebay. most likely fitment will be off. also doesnt come with oil feed and return lines. no dump tube off the wastegate. no charge piping. no intercooler. no blow off valve. when all is said and done your going to be double that price lol. not to mention headaches with an ebay kit. you might as well save and then fork out the $ for a legit kit with well known components and greatfitment. not trying to plug but consider a kit from say Go Autoworks?

·
Registered
59 Posts
like previously stated support out affiliates/sponsers!!!! heres also something similair to what your looing at. name brand parts. go autoworks starter kit. $1369.00

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive got that go auto turbo kit.. just put a diff turbo on.. too small.. made good streetable power.. the only thing im doing now is turbo and 3'dp to reach 400whp.. the rest of the kit is solid!! ebay is garbage unless youre getting name brand stuff..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just bought a brand new precision sc34 today....hotside t3 .63 A/R stage 3 wheel, cold side t04e .50 A/R 57 trim.....rated for up to 545 crank hp...should get me too 400 whp easy....I'm gonna piece everything together, cast manifold, tial wastegate, custom downpipe from local exhaust shop, ebay intercooler/charge pipes....oh paid $609.25 shipped for turbo....this thing sells for up to $800 on some sites lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts