• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys well I had something fell in my lap this morning I have a friend that has a sleeved and stroked B16 the he wants to trade me for the setup in the rex. The good its sleeved the bad well I would have to start over kind of. I would have to convert it to obd1 chip and socket another ecu get injectors and basically a whole new setup. It has a cast log and a 60-1 but that is not gonna cut it for me Im thinking full ram and a huge fucking turbo for this thing and possibly all new piping maybe. So here Iam sitting on my couch with my mind in a tissy. What would you do help me out throw out some opinions guys good bad or indifferent be brutally honest. I hate to feel like IM turning my back on my favorite motors butt damn Im power hungry after going to the track last weekend.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
you know what im gonna tell you. Get the B. And buy my cams too ;)

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
This is something I've been wrestling with as well b/c I found a killer deal on a crvtak but alas, no $$$.

If you need B mounts lmk, I have some hasport mounts for a b swap w/ cable trans.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is something I've been wrestling with as well b/c I found a killer deal on a crvtak but alas, no $$$.

If you need B mounts lmk, I have some hasport mounts for a b swap w/ cable trans.
I should get everything mounts 2 trannies and all one of the trannies has a lsd but its a "ratchet lsd" and is a bitch on the street. Man what a decision I just dont know what to do. Money is crazy tight right now and its gona cost me some money to get this thing on the road and to just where to point the rex is now

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a tough choice... i would say b, if your woman is not going to bitch about you having to start from scratch... guess who else has some cams ;), but they are only gsr ones...
Thats another thing she is gonna hit the fucking roof when I tell her Im taking the motor out. I still havent forgot about you. Just waiting on money man

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
eh, in that lil crx i say stay D, just go with somemore work on it, cam, up the boost, bigger turbo, stuf like that. stay D

·
Registered
721 Posts
eh, in that lil crx i say stay D, just go with somemore work on it, cam, up the boost, bigger turbo, stuf like that. stay D
x2

Its too costly and too much hastle imo, you can get plenty more out of your D, think of it this way. Your D is already built, and runs good, why fuck with a good thing? just crank that hoe up, spend the money you would normally have spent on starting basically from scratch with a B and dump it into your D. That would be way way way less hassle and a lot less down time on the crx.

·
Registered
94 civic dx sedan
93 Posts
I should get everything mounts 2 trannies and all one of the trannies has a lsd but its a "ratchet lsd" and is a bitch on the street. Man what a decision I just dont know what to do. Money is crazy tight right now and its gona cost me some money to get this thing on the road and to just where to point the rex is now
There you go. Money is tight. Chill on the b and rock the D

Not that i wouldnt want the power.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
it depends on your ultimate goals and on your finances.
If you're tight on money, stick with what you have. If you want anything over 300whp that's streetable and durable, then maybe the b's the right way to go...

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Money is tight but that can change by me getting a second job which is gonna happen anyway since I have a wedding to pay for as well. The goal is 10's can the single get me there yes will that sleeved motor get me there yes. Will I feel more comfortable with a sleeved motor yes. Will I eventually sleeve the D yes. But Im at that point I can do this go B and be out of pocket a few bucks sure but in the long run who knows what will pay off. So confused......................

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Money is tight but that can change by me getting a second job which is gonna happen anyway since I have a wedding to pay for as well. The goal is 10's can the single get me there yes will that sleeved motor get me there yes. Will I feel more comfortable with a sleeved motor yes. Will I eventually sleeve the D yes. But Im at that point I can do this go B and be out of pocket a few bucks sure but in the long run who knows what will pay off. So confused......................
Sounds like you already made up your mind;).

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i'd say once your d hits tens is about the time you will no longer be able to control it on the streets. the b however will support a higher hp street car as a d w/ the same big power may not be to streetable w/ big cam and crazy hard clutch to hold the power( im guessing you have a cable clutch)

if you want a 11 or 10 sec street car go b, if you want a drag car stay d simply because regaurdless of how well the b is put together, somthing will break at some point which is gonna cost alot more than another fully built d.

so its more up to what your looking for
B-series- street
D-series- drag / or a bit slower street car

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like you already made up your mind;).
Naw I havent just trying to look at everything plus I have the women bitching now about it now
i'd say once your d hits tens is about the time you will no longer be able to control it on the streets. the b however will support a higher hp street car as a d w/ the same big power may not be to streetable w/ big cam and crazy hard clutch to hold the power( im guessing you have a cable clutch)

if you want a 11 or 10 sec street car go b, if you want a drag car stay d simply because regaurdless of how well the b is put together, somthing will break at some point which is gonna cost alot more than another fully built d.

so its more up to what your looking for
B-series- street
D-series- drag / or a bit slower street car
Good point this will be a strip car with very little street use soon enough.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Keep the D. If money is tight and you're going to have to spend more to get the B set up properly then it doesn't sound like a good plan. And then you can take that money you would have used to get the B set up right (or maybe less money) and build the D some MOAR!!!! (Since you are getting that second job anyway).

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.