Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this is...

So today I got in my car and started it up like normal and started driving and the car was acting normal and I hit the on ramp to hit the interstate and got on the throttle a little (not WOT) to get ahead of a truck... So I keep cruising along bout 60 and bout a mile up the road the car just acts like its runnin out of gas and/or starts missing like crazy... I managed to get off where I was supposed to get off and got to a safe location to examine my problem... So I figured the fuel filter was stopped up so I replaced that and the plugs while I was at it... Didn't fix my problem... So as I was lookin around my engine bay lookin for f*cked up sh*t I found out my vtec solenoid wire was unplugged so I plugged that back up and nothin... (notice my noobness to Hondas...) And then I found I'm missing a line off of my charcoal canister which I believe goes to some other thing which I have no idea what is and I also found what is in the above pics to be broken... It goes to my FMU if that tells you where it goes... It pulls vac I know this much... But where the other end goes I have no idea... Could this be my problem? Or should I look elsewhere? I haven't had any problems before today and I stated it just happened... There was no warning, no red flag, no check engine lights (which I will investigate soon enough)... I'm at a loss here... Help?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

^Evap purge...

oh and ditch that FMU and get chipped w/ a tune
I supposidly have a chipped p28... But I plan on gettin Hondata in the future...

Thanks for the diagram...

Make sure all of your vac. sources are not leaking from the EVAP crap. You really do not need that stuff.
I have good vac... My boost/vac gauge is reading about 22-25psi of vac...

penis enlarger
Quite possibly... For my Vtak maybe?

Any other suggestions? My Dad seems to think maybe the sock on the fuel pump is clogged... Had another older dude look at it and said maybe there was water in the gas so I poured in half a can of seafoam...

Could my FMU be bad?

Could my FP be bad?

Could that solenoid effect my car?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called Rick Woodson Honda today and tried to see if they had that part and its gonna cost me 209 bux for that lil solenoid... F*ck that... I hope thats not my problem... Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to the junkyard and got the part... I asked dude what he wanted for it and he said give him 5 bux and I told him I only had my card on me and he told me to just take it... Wooo free 200 dollar part! Lets see if this fixes my problem

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deffinately not the issue unless that sensor is bad or I hooked it up wrong but I went by the diagram pictured above...

Things I've checked:

changed plugs
changed fuel filter
new 8.2 Accel wires
checked plug wire connections
fuel pump seems to be running fine b/c I can hear it humming
checked vac related issues (pullin 20-23psi of vac)
thought maybe the fuel gauge was reading off so I put in 5 fresh gal. of 93 w/ half a can of seafoam
I found out the check engine light bulb was removed so I put a new one in but I can't get the car to Advance to pull codes...

Whats next? Dizzy? Pull fuel pump to check the sock? Help?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It starts, runs but has a low idle... REALLY low... Sometimes at the least 200rpm... In order to get it into the upper rpms you have to bump the gas repeatedly... It just acts like its not gettin any fuel...

Edit: I also just got done blowing the fuel pump out to get the garbage out of the sock which was pretty clean to begin w/... Still no cigar...

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
checked your Fuel pressure reg? pull the vacuum line off of it while car is running, see if fuel comes up out of the vacuum port. if it does, you need a new one. if not its good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No fuel came out but it was weird when I pulled the line off the engine ran smoother... Wtf is that about? I also hear a hissing at my FMU like a vac leak... My FMU possibly bad?

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
You probaby have some sort of vacuum leak at the FMU... and seeing as how thats directly related to your fuel pressure and vacuum, I would maybe check it out and/or take it apart and make sure its 100% functional. Might have a diaphragm leak or something possibly....

you pulling the vacuum line off the pressure regulator raised the Fuel pressure quite a bit vs. where it was at. which would help your idle if you have a vacuum leak because the engine isnt depending on vacuum to regulate its fuel pressure. Find the hiss/leak at the FMU.

btw, if your running a chipped p28, why are you still using an FMU?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure its a p28 at all... I was told a lot of bullshit about this car and I'm finding out its a hack... I was told it had a 255 FP and it turns out to be the original FP... I know the ECU is something other than stock b/c of the yellow junk yard writing... How do I tell what my ECU is? If at all possible can I bypass the FMU?

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Well, yes you could bypass the FMU, but if you are boosted, your not going to be able to drive it in boost, unless you have the chipped p28 or w/e to manage your fuel.

the FMU should have a fuel inlet and outlet and a vacuum line attached to it. ANd pretty much to bypass it youd just have to run the stock fuel line from the filter to the fuel rail. and re-route the vacuum lines to the original positions. REMEMBER if your boosted and not running a chipped ecu, your car WHEN ITS IN BOOST is dependant on this to make it, moreover FORCE IT to run rich. So Id suggest bypassing it and letting it idle and seeing if things smooth out from there

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
me and u are in the same boat my friend. i'm starting to lean towards a fucked up fpr. i have mine unplugged and up to about 3 grand it feels like it misses. and sometimes it flat out detonates

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
Well, yes you could bypass the FMU, but if you are boosted, your not going to be able to drive it in boost, unless you have the chipped p28 or w/e to manage your fuel.

the FMU should have a fuel inlet and outlet and a vacuum line attached to it. ANd pretty much to bypass it youd just have to run the stock fuel line from the filter to the fuel rail. and re-route the vacuum lines to the original positions. REMEMBER if your boosted and not running a chipped ecu, your car WHEN ITS IN BOOST is dependant on this to make it, moreover FORCE IT to run rich. So Id suggest bypassing it and letting it idle and seeing if things smooth out from there
so i'm guessing you are boosted. wtf u doing running a fail management unit(fmu)? ditch that and get at least a decent basemap bro, when u tryign to tackel problems, fix whats wrogn first and then go from there

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
me and u are in the same boat my friend. i'm starting to lean towards a fucked up fpr. i have mine unplugged and up to about 3 grand it feels like it misses. and sometimes it flat out detonates
I dont think a FPR would cause that severe of problems for you. That sounds more like a timing issue, or some kind of flat spot on the resistor in your TPS.

If you have the FPR vacuum line pulled off, the way to tell if its bad is if fuel is coming out of the vacuum nipple on the FPR (yes...I said nipple:) ) then it is bad. if no fuel comes out after 10-15 seconds, its 99% most likely still good.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts