Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had these on my EK Sedan w/rear, lower tie bar, front, upper strut brace, and skunk2//sprint camber kits (front//rear). Car was about 4-5" off the ground, depending on where you measured. Fully adjustable height and stiffness. Set 150lbs in driver's seat and made same height at all 4 corners. Settings were noticeably different for each corner, so adj. height was a huge plus. I could adjust the stiffness, which was awesome. Overall handling was really nice and tight. Very sensitive to small flaws in the road surface (i.e. cracks in pavement, bad road surface, etc.), so I could "feel" the road really well, which I like. In turns, however, this could cause the car to "jump" left or right (not a big deal if expected). Bigger flaws, like dips and things had little effect. Much more comfortable and, from what I've seen so far, more capable than my current Tanabe Sustec//KYB GR-2 set-up the new car came with. I haven't been able to test this new set-up very much. Comfort is strange...I could feel the road better, but the coil-over set-up was much less bumpy than what I have now. I think it has to do with the ridiculous spring rates on the Tein SS (which are not street legal). Anyways, the shocks//springs worked together seamlessly and the adjustability allowed me to fine tune so everything was properly matched: chassis stiffness to tire grip to shock stiffness. I had these for 3 years and got them FILTHY with snow, salt, mud, etc. from winter driving, and they were still adjustable on height w/out any problems. Never had to readjust anything b/c it moved or whatever. Small rust spots did start showing up where paint had been marred by road debris. Install took a little under 4hrs and it was the first time I had ever done any suspension work at all (never used a spring clamp before, etc.). Came with cool stickers. Comes with allen-head tool to adjust shocks, and the adjustments are on the TOPS of the shocks, so you don't have to jack the car up and climb under there to adjust anything. Write down what setting you have them on (adjustable by clicks) because you can "over-tighten them," as the only warning not to tighten them beyond 12 is verbal...there is no physical barrier to over-tightening. The settings aren't numbered and you can destroy the shock by not being careful. Height-adjusting tools are easy to use.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.