Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Recently my suspension has been extremely terrible(im pretty sure one of the previous owners cut the stock springs). So i decided to get some new struts and springs. I went with tein s-techs because i dont want a huge drop and and i dont need crazy performance and i liked the price 150.00< shipped. Also, i went with the Stagg struts that are sold on eBay, i know, a lot of you will probably hate on me for it but i had the on my old scion tC out of necessity and they lasted 30k+ miles(i sold the car with them still on) paired with TRD springs so i decided to go with them again for the civic. If they dont last, they dont last and i will put some name brand struts in next year. stagg struts were about 160 shipped. I should be getting these parts next week and installing them with a new driver side wheel bearing. I will post pics when i get them!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here they are:

This is one front and one rear. The springs are nice and came nicely packaged, i have never used tein before so im pretty excited to see what they feel like. The stagg struts however were not packaged as well as they were the last time i bought them(maybe a different seller) but they came in one piece with no damage. Like i said for how cheap the stagg struts are they seem to be a quality piece. Any ideas on what i should do next suspension wise? i was thinking about sway bars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You should do an alignment next.

The Teins are a relatively soft spring, so they shouldn't blow out the struts or overpower them. As long as you have decent bumpstops installed to prevent damage from the occasional bottom-out, they should last.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should do an alignment next.

The Teins are a relatively soft spring, so they shouldn't blow out the struts or overpower them. As long as you have decent bumpstops installed to prevent damage from the occasional bottom-out, they should last.

Oh yeah definitely getting an alignment after putting in the new springs/struts. They came with bump stops that should be sufficient. I've done a lot of reading up on sway bars in the last couple of days and I think they will probably be next(or LCAs). But before any of that I need to complete my rear brake conversion lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Oh yeah definitely getting an alignment after putting in the new springs/struts. They came with bump stops that should be sufficient. I've done a lot of reading up on sway bars in the last couple of days and I think they will probably be next(or LCAs). But before any of that I need to complete my rear brake conversion lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sway bars will make a way bigger difference than LCAs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 9 of 9 Posts