Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question, is it possible to put a 88-89 integra front end on a 2nd gen crx (flip up head lights and everything)? I think it would be a fun swap and look awesome as well.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
pop-up lights suck IMO... but anything is possible w/ enough time and money... You should probably check out honda-tech and 2g CRX specific forums... but i'm willing to bet it has NOT been done because, generally, ppl don't like to fuck up rex's....

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks,
I wouldnt fuk it up, i would make it so i can easily bolt the rex front end back on. And I understand the point that flip-up headlights dont belong on a rex, but im a huge fan of 1st gen 'teg front end, and I think that the 'teg front end would be awesome on it.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
why? if you like the teg front end so much, why not go pick up a 1st gen teg? please dont molest the crx....

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I like the rex cause its a 2 seater in the US, and the suspension it has. if i went out and got a 'teg, It wouldnt be as easy to do a motor swap. I already know how to do a swap in a 2nd gen rex/4th gen civic. I will only probably do it if i get in a front end wreck (knock on wood). I love the way the rex's look (thats what made me buy one, plus it was super cheap and i needed a car).
I was just inquiring if the swap was a bolt on or not. Another question, what components can be swapped between a 1st gen 'teg and 2nd gen crx? Mainly will the rear disc brakes work (providing the 'teg has rear disc)? Sorry, nOOb question i forgot the 1st gen teg had a solid rear axle

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
i wouldnt do the swap, in fact i seen a crx the other day with a teg front end not flip up but still teg front end. It was in fact very very different but looked ridiculous. I firmly believe in bolting on things that compliment the assets of the car not morphing them in to something that they arent. but thats just me if your heart is set on it then good luck with swap, and would like to see pics of finished product if swapped.

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will probably keep it the way it is, the only way im gonna do the swap is if i get in a accident (knock on wood again). But i will definatly post pics for you all.

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
i think it would look pretty cool, i havent seen this before but you should try it. good luck

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the support!! I will eventually try it. Thats what i was thinking too, I havent seen it before either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts