Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am totally new to the honda thing, i have a 1991 civic 4dr dx which i think is a d15b2 correct me if im wrong, but it looks like this is the weakest of them all:) and just wondering i want to do some engine work to it...but nobody seems to make anything for this, so what do you guys suggest, im looking for a aggressive cam and maybe some forged internals for good boost or juice in the future..i dont know which motor it is, but it seems like the sohc vtec is popular? i dont want to swap motors in this maybe a head though, and i want something i can build up and just tear up.....sorry if im considered a noob on here:) haha this is my DD well was my DD for a few years, my racer is a 98 trans am ws6 with a quite a bit of my money tied up into it.

Sooo, just looking for advice on what would work well for my d15b2, its not going to be a full blown build, but i want to maybe beef it up a little bit...no bolt ons though, even though it will restrict it.. im okay with that..

So anybody please help. thanks in advance

-Nick

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Here's a basic build I'd recommend and I'll even keep the bolt-on's oem Honda so it still has a stock look to it.

Z6 IM (intake manifold) (Z6 = 92-95 SOHC VTEC)
cut out the bottom of the air box and add a K&N
port match the IM to the intake ports
Bisi stage 2 camshaft
P29 or PM7 pistons (12:1ish CR)
Z6 or Y8 Exhaust manifold
2.25 exhaust w/ twin loop muffler so it's still nice and quiet
P06 ECU tuned w/ Crome

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Bisi stage 2 camshafts
And what do you do with the second cam?

That's not a bad start though, but the P29's don't get you over 10:1 on a stock B2 block. You need to really mill the block or head to get up there.

You also don't need to swap to OBD-1 to tune it. Just use a PM6 and turboedit, no reason to make things harder than needed.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
And what do you do with the second cam?
:haha: LOL, I'm too used to refering to things in reference to my H23 build. However in reference to the P29's, considering Don's numbers I think the CR would still be over 10:1, then again he also has .040 off the head.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks so far, my lingo is not up to date with hondas, this is my first import. but if anyone needs any help with a ls1/ls6 motor let me know! ok so i would keep my stock head? or what, should i go with a vtec head? i wanna keep it sohc, also who makes performance parts(companies) for my model engine?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The first thing you want to do is convert to MPFI like the Si model, and if you can get the Si cam and transmission. VTEC really isen't that big a deal on the SOHC motors, it's better used on the DOHC motors.

If you want more check out Bisimoto for a cam. You can just Google MPFI swap and find all the info on that, it's worth it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MPFI swap, quite a bit. The cost just depends on what you can pick up all the parts for. The Bisi cam with a tune is good for another 10% easy, or you can go with the Si cam, just use a `96-2000 Civic cam gear.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
whats the bang for the buck ratio?
big bang, little buck.

Most of the parts you can source either here on d-series.org, or at a junk yard.

MPFI
Bisi cam w/adjustable gear
header/exhaust
SI transmission

Can be done for "el cheapo". 92hp in the d15b2 stock can be up to ~115hp easily.

The ZC/p29 pistons will put a d15b2 in the high 10's or higher for compression IIRC

·
Registered
555 Posts
z6 block
p29 pistons
b18a1 rods
d17 crank
z6 head
adjustable cam gear ( with whatever cam you want )
y8 mani
adjustable FPR
p28 tuned
Si tranny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts