Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some requests for these pics.

We got an 06 civic in that was badly overheated. Tore it down to inspect the damage. Just thought some of you may be interested to see some of the changes they made. Looks like it's designed a bit stronger than the old d-series. I look foward to seeing how well they hold up FI.

·
Registered
598 Posts
How efficient is that exhaust manifold setup then...? Having the head cast with the what would be the first 4 braches is a strange design...?

Is the single outlet there likely to be big enough to stop it from choking up, if the engine was built and puishing some serious gas out of there?

Im very interest in how that work now...!

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
this makes me feel a little safer. im lookin into boosting mine here as soon as i can find the money im hoping no later then june i wanna be read to see what it will do at a car show in aug i go to with free drag racing. does the head look like theres a lot of room for improvement aka porting and what not thanks

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
rut ro bone is thinking again this could be fun

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
that's some cool shit right there...fuck just mount the fucking turbo right on the head

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
the fit has a L series motor

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
reading owns you^^^

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
wow man nic pics what are you planning to do with her?
give it to me so i have back up parts after i figure out whats good and what isnt haha

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
turbo that bezzy fasho...you can mount it right on that bitch

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you should measure the size of the valves to compare to d-series
It's buried under a pile of scrap, i'll dig it out this weekend. Remind me if I forget.

How efficient is that exhaust manifold setup then...? Having the head cast with the what would be the first 4 braches is a strange design...?

Is the single outlet there likely to be big enough to stop it from choking up, if the engine was built and puishing some serious gas out of there?

Im very interest in how that work now...!
It looks like it would be very easy to open it up if needed.

this makes me feel a little safer. im lookin into boosting mine here as soon as i can find the money im hoping no later then june i wanna be read to see what it will do at a car show in aug i go to with free drag racing. does the head look like theres a lot of room for improvement aka porting and what not thanks
Didn't pull the valves out, but the intake ports look normal.

will that crank fit in a Fit motor?????
I doubt it, but dont know for sure.

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
turbo on the head FTMFW!!!!!

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
so when i finally go turbo it might be a good idea to give it a quick port on the exhaust port. after a cam comes out and some arp stuff then ima pull the head and really lookin into some porting. thanks for posting the pice and the info i been wanting to see this

1 - 20 of 83 Posts