Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tdo5 turbocharger for my new set up, I am going to tee into radiator hose with a piece of pipe and weld a bung into the pipe for the coolant feed, where would i send the used coolant too. I WAS going to get the coolant feed off the throttle body but their is no way thier is enought coolant flow for that. If you could post a pic up or give me some ideas i am open to anything if anyone has a better plan of action. Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any takers ???

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
run the line that goes to the throttle body into the turbo.
the coolant drain goes back to the throttle body just like you put your turbo inline the coolant line.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their is very little coolant flow through the throttle body, And the coolant feed coming off the turbo is way big, the throttle body coolant is not going to cut it, not even close. Like i said i will probbaly putr a piece off pipe in one of the radiator lines with a bung in it for the feed, that SHOULD work, i just dont know where to run the coolant return line too. John

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
people have been doing it the way i told you forever. if you want, you can make a tee into your radiator hose and make a return there as well. but like a said the tb has been used by alot of people.

·
Premium Member
4G93 Turbo
133 Posts
Tee the return into the top rad hose.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
considering the TD05 works fine with an oil-cooled only bearing section, any coolant flow is going to be icing on the cake.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok then i guess i'll do that then if you guys are sure it will be sufficient, So i will take line directly off Idle IACV and run it to turbo then take return and run it to the throttle body OR have it return to top radiator hose.. .

Also as an update, i have tt rods, vitara pistons and acl bearings, and a KMS block guard. I dropped the block off at my machine shop for the bore. I had to have the crank cut as well because the block i got had a spun bearing. So everything is going together. Do any of you guys know where i can get a 2.5' 2 bolt flange for my downpipe (to Cat). Thanks for all your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts