Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can find this gasket set for the 15g? I am in need of one really bad... my full motor rebuild is in 5 days and I am gonna need these two gaskets... does anyone know or have spares laying around? if so pm me!!! Thanks fam!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Are you talking about the inlet and downpipe gaskets?

For the turbo inlet, go to a Nissan dealer and get a 90-97 300zx twin turbo inlet gasket, works perfectly. That's what I did on my Greddy kit.

For the downpipe, just go to an auto parts store and find a standard round 3 bolt gasket that matches up. Trim the bolt holes if you have to.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Which gaskets?

Advance can get everything for the turbo elbow and DP gasket. Got mine for $15/both and they came over night

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried looking on some nissan deal sites and I am having a hard time finding these....

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The 15g turbo bolt pattern on their turbine housing is different from t25/t28 turbo. You don't really need gasket that goes between the turbo and elbow as long as both flanges are not warp than it should seal fine without the gasket. Even the gasket between the manifold and turbo is not needed if all flange are straight.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 15g turbo bolt pattern on their turbine housing is different from t25/t28 turbo. You don't really need gasket that goes between the turbo and elbow as long as both flanges are not warp than it should seal fine without the gasket. Even the gasket between the manifold and turbo is not needed if all flange are straight.
nice to know... but im still gonna try and get them.. lol

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm pretty sure my 15g had no gasket between the elbow and the exh. housing...

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
you can also take a sheet of stainless steel and make a gasket with a dremel/grinder. Draw out the holes and make it.
The stanless expands more than the other metal and makes a good seal. That's what we did for Miked16z6's car and it's been working well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts