Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i tell if my motor is at tdc and how do i go about getting it there if it isn't?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
what motor? My z6 is at tdc when the middle white mark on the crank pulley lines up with the pointer on the timing belt cover. You can pull the #1 plug out too and put something in there to see when the piston is all the way up.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
what motor? My z6 is at tdc when the middle white mark on the crank pulley lines up with the pointer on the timing belt cover. You can pull the #1 plug out too and put something in there to see when the piston is all the way up.
i assume this i tdc for cyl #1?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's a y8..i have anew cap, rotor i need to put on, laong with some other stuff, but i've heard it has to be at tdc to do it?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
it does not have to be at TDC, the rotor can only go on in 1 position.. change 1 wire at a time so that you dont mix up the firing order

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about the cap though? would you say just to put it on in the same plcae as the old one?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, so i can basically just take a picture of the rotor, then put the old one on in the same position then change the wires one at a time?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
yeah, the rotor should have a flat spot that matches the flat spot on the dizzy. It is like this so that you cant put it on wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts