Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a CEL for my tdc sensor on my rex. Where exactly is this sensor? Is it in the dizzy or is in the smaller plug on the dizzy?

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
what does tdc stand for?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TDC= Top Dead Center

It's in the dizzy, time for a new one.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the whole dizzy needs replaced? It's fairly new. It will turn over but won't start. It seems to be getting fuel just not enough spark.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You can't buy those sensors by themselves as far as I know. So you end up replaceing the dizzy. Make sure you have a good connection and your timing is set right, and get a manual to confirm it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we pulled this complete motor outta my friends crx. It ran great and stuff. We dropped it in my DPFI to MPFI swapped rexy and it ran like poo for a second and now it wont start and is throwing the tdc code. I've checked the wiring a million times and it is right so im gonna try a differnt dizzy.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The prob with the tdc sensor, is that the part is not available that easy. if you have another dizzy then you can use that one. for the amount of trouble just replace the dizzy and you'll be fine. I had to do the same on mine. just replace it or take it back to where you got it from if its not that old.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so i switched dizzys and it still throws 8. Meaning it must be the wiring. So what wires will be backwards? I have checked them all at the ecu and they are right. I matched the old dpfi dizzy wires by color to the mpfi dizzy wires. Could I have got them backwards there?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Possibly, or you have a bad connection. How did you connect the wires?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
ground connection at the thermostat housing?

RESET ECU for 30 seconds and try. From MY limited exp. once ECU shuts down for a TDC code, you HAVE to reset it. An autox buddy/Honda Tech did this to me. He unplugged the dizzy, I had a no start condition. Quick check, find the two undone dizzy connections, plug them back in........still no start. OK, I didn't mind the "test" but still no fire and I'm getting really pissed. Pull the ecu fuse, wait 10-15 seconds, he pops it back in and it fires right up.

It pissed me off enough I spanked his ass that day, we were in the same DSP class in 1998.

84 Wabbit Gti vs. 93 DX HB, it was a blast!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ground connection at the thermostat housing?

RESET ECU for 30 seconds and try. From MY limited exp. once ECU shuts down for a TDC code, you HAVE to reset it. An autox buddy/Honda Tech did this to me. He unplugged the dizzy, I had a no start condition. Quick check, find the two undone dizzy connections, plug them back in........still no start. OK, I didn't mind the "test" but still no fire and I'm getting really pissed. Pull the ecu fuse, wait 10-15 seconds, he pops it back in and it fires right up.

It pissed me off enough I spanked his ass that day, we were in the same DSP class in 1998.

84 Wabbit Gti vs. 93 DX HB, it was a blast!
Grounds are set and checked. I pulled the fuse and le it set for 30 seconds. Still nothing, but it does sound A LOT healthier wiring the dizzy with the rywire diagram. Could starting it so many times being wired wrong hurt the plug wires/dizzy/and or the plugs? The plugs look pretty black, and the plug wires are old. I have a fairly new set of wires, i just gotta find them. I guess ill get back to you guys when I try those.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Make sure you have the timing set right if you moved the dizzy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts