Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm from Canada I have recently bought a 93 AGP eg si, the problem is it had a seized motor and i also had a running MR 92 eg si which i was scraping because of a rotted body so i did the logical thing and swapped the motor. Now the problem is i have TDC code 8 i have also read other threads advising to clean the iavc and iat with brake clean/ carb cleaner and swapping the ECU ( p28 ) and dizzy and resetting the battery and checking if the connectors are loose also the shock tower connectors were male to female but a different variation someone said to take the face plate for the connector off (will post a pic later). I know this may sound silly could it be wiring, battery, timing or a bad ground:rofc:?

battery needs to be replaced and if it helps cat is rotten so it's removed
I don't know if it's misfiring but the car isn't currently drivable due to ball joints toast and needs new tie rods TD: any help appreciated thanks !!!:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Bad tdc sensor in distributor. Swap with a known good one to see if it helps

Broken wire in the harness some where. This will be hard to find.

Bad connection at the distributor plug and or Ecu plugs.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
I fought a code like that recently, ended up being the Ecu.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have swapped a p28 and a modded p28 and checked the wires near the dizzy and the ecu and now the car doesnt start possibly from the dead battery ill keep checking after i buy the battery not a main car hence fixing it is slow

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
prior to swap one of the connectors at the shock tower wouldnt connect and its the one shown in picture i just removed the faceplate can it be because of 2 different civic si's?

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
If that's the plug with just a cap looking thing that's the dead plug, thus the reason it won't start. If I remember correctly it basically kills signal to injectors.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Its probably the distributor. But like very one said it could also be a bad wiring connection, at a connector or possibly a broken wire. I have seen a lot of times moisture corrode the pins at the ECU harness connector.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so my car starts and runs but the TDC is still there can I ignore it, whats the worst that can happen?
sorry to revive a dead thread plus the previous owner didn't give me the immbolizer code so had to get that fixed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Its probably the distributor. But like very one said it could also be a bad wiring connection, at a connector or possibly a broken wire. I have seen a lot of times moisture corrode the pins at the ECU harness connector."

that may be the problem sine the floor is rusted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts