Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what you all are gunna say "use the search button" but i have real particular questions regardingmy turbo and motor. Has anyone ever used the TD04l turbo off of a WRX on a dseries. Heres the story blew my stock motor 6 months ago put stock JDM version in with low miles on it motor is clean compression, and leak down are in spec. I was giving the turbo by a friend who works at a Subaru dealer in town came off a car with 60k, no shaft play or leaks, impellars have no chips or burns. So i have the basics got a CRX manifold and and adapter from BMC racing, as you can see i want to do this setup as inexpensive as possible i am not looking for a lighting fast street rod but a daily driver with a little umh to her 5-6 psi max. I know this turbo is not widely used but I would like to know if anyone has anything to say about the setup I am going to use and if you could help me out with the little thing like oil line setup, fuel managment etc. Please help just a newbie lookin for some boost

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should get a life and have the common sense to know i didint intentionally post it three times a little computer malfunction, anyone with advice about previous post thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Read the stickies! The turbo is a TD04L-13T, you probebly won't find a compressor map for it, but with what your doing you shoulden't need one. It's almost the same as hooking up a DSM 13G.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stickies/ compressor map? I am very new to the whole boost thing so i may come off as a little stupid. There are a whole slew of numbers next to and above the TD04L stamp, do these mean anything. What do i do about oil lines(were to locate them on vehicle), blow off valve, injectors? any help would be great :confused:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i run the 13t on my y7/y8 mini-me. 8lbs daily driven self tuned for 2years now.

its a great turbo for a daily driver, fast spooling and good torque for the streets.

you can check out my setup on my site: www.lukekailburn.com

as far as other things go bov, injectors, management etc just do a search for most common HMT setups and all the same things apply for those items.

-Luke

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
stickies/ compressor map? I am very new to the whole boost thing so i may come off as a little stupid. There are a whole slew of numbers next to and above the TD04L stamp, do these mean anything. What do i do about oil lines(were to locate them on vehicle), blow off valve, injectors? any help would be great :confused:
All those numbers are part numbers, they don't do you much good. All you realy need to know is it's a smaller turbo, but plenty for a stock motor on the street. For a blow-off valve you can use one of several stock ones. DSM 450CC injectors would be fine for what you doing, even 390CC would probebly be enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts