Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i scored a TD04HL-13G for free from work, its in mint condition no shaft play and even came with an electronic boost controller ( yeah buddy! ). I already had a brand new GT1752 that i was thinking about using on my next build, but now that i got this 13G I'll probably be using it instead as it looks like it would be a little better overall size wise for a stock D15B7 build.

i had a question tho because i cant find out what this other contraption is on the cold side of the turbo. it looks like the top of a waste gate but bolts to the cold side and has a port into the cold side. i'm thinking its some type of surge protector or something. the turbo came off a 98 Volvo s70? xc, i was wondering if anyone knew for sure what it is? i can't find any part # or casting marks on it so its making the search a little difficult.
EDIT: ok so i found out what it is, it's a compressor bypass valve. now i just need to research exactly what it is that it does

also 1 last question. if you had these 2 turbo's which would you go with, and why?

i'm hoping to break into 12's with a stock D15B7 in a del sol chassis. i cant wait to get going on this project and i think i'm dead set on using the Volvo turbo because of the simplicity of installing it with everything i already have plus it seems to be a little bigger so shouldnt fall off as much as the gt17. the gt17 will require a bit more work and parts to order plus its an egay turbo. thanks for reading and any info is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I would run the 13g. its slightly larger which means its just the much easier to get to the 12s. both spool insanely fast. take pics of the turbo...if its the turbo I think your talking about its a blow off valve that recirculates air right back into the turbo (how a bov should be).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah i've been doing lots of research, its actually a CBV ( compressor bypass valve ) which is basically a BOV. different manufactures have different abbreviations for there type of BOV. i'm deffinetly going with the 13g, im gonna make a block off plate for the stock CBV and use my HKS BOV for the awesome pssshhhttt soud lol. this is a slick little turbo from everything i've been reading its perfectly sized to mate up to a stock D15B7. I'm so pumped to get this thing going, all i need to do is make to plates. one for blocking off the stock CBV and the other to make the TD04 hotside work properly with my t3 cast mani. this thing is gonna be a little rocket ship lol.

dreamer: you got any vids of your car ripping around with the 13g? i'd like to see your setup if possible too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts