Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was down at pick-n-pull today for a part for the good ole' volvo when I figured I would check out what turbos where also laying around.. I have a question about the TD04H from a Volvo and a T3 off a Sabb... They look basically the same, but I was reading from some places that the Mitsu TD04H seems to produce more of a kick than the Garret T3... So basically I'm looking for input on people that haved used a TD04H.. I would rather grab it because its basically off the volvo already.. Bolts aready loosend just waiting to be grabbed.. They only want $40 for it too.. Thanks for your time. :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What model Volvo is it off of? There's like 5 different TD04s used on Volvos.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah seriously I was thinking about grabbing both of them after I get paid friday... Haha.. I think I'm gona use the T3 outta the Saab because of water cooling.. Both cars didnt look that bad at all.. Just looks like they got rear-ended.

EDIT: Hm... I could boost both the volvo and the civic.. Holy crap I just thought of that..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
all 88 volvos sould be a .42/.48 T3, TD04 came on the 90+ wihch were TD04-13C, the only other turbo volvo used which was on some of there 89 wagons were the TD05-12B which is slightly bigger then the mitsu starion or conquest which was a TD05-12A. Once you get into the FWD 850's they used TD04-15G's and larger

<---- ex volvo owner/performance guy!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
EG8SIR said:
all 88 volvos sould be a .42/.48 T3, TD04 came on the 90+ wihch were TD04-13C, the only other turbo volvo used which was on some of there 89 wagons were the TD05-12B which is slightly bigger then the mitsu starion or conquest which was a TD05-12A. Once you get into the FWD 850's they used TD04-15G's and larger

<---- ex volvo owner/performance guy!
So, do you know the a/r numbers for the tdo4-15g. I'm trying to buy a turbo kit and there are two of them, one with the td04, and another with a t3/t4. I'm not sure which to get.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The TD04 15G used on the volvo, i am told is different then the one used on the greddy kit, i know the Cold side is .53, but i am unsure about the hotside. i used one of these on my 88 740, pictures can be seen at http://www.pbase.com/minority_report/my_740&page=2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts