Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know th td04 BASICALLY is the 14B (i already had a 14b on a stock motor turned 186 whp on 6-8psi)
im looking at getting my buddies td04 with a sage 3 wheel 60 trim

360 cfm @ 15psi
50lb/min with a 60 trim
can someone break that down for me?!:confused:

its a turbonetics with 1k on it as well!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i didnt realize that turbonetics made DSM turbos...

are you sure its not a T04?
EDIT: gpny is correct; 14b=td05h, not td04h

yea; 14b exhaust housings are alot different than t3's and t4's... what does the inlet flange on the exhaust housing look like? DSM=circle inlet w/ 4 bolts (rectangle). Where as a t3 exhaust housing has a rectangular inlet and similar bolt config (pretty sure the bolt holes don't line up tho...)

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
TD04 is the small turbine mitsubishi turbo. 14b uses a td05 turbine.

If the turbo is Turbonetics, it's definitely NOT a TD04/05. Turbonetics uses garrett nomaculture.
If you are telling us it's a Stage 3 wheel, that means its a T3 Stage 3 Turbine.
With regrds to flow, 360cfm doesn't make sense unless it's a straight t3 (maybe 60/63) A T4 compressor would flow more than 360cfm.

Post pictures/whats's written on the housings, and we'll try to give you better specs.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

ill get pics of the exhaust side when i get off school tonight...it looks just like my old 14b exhast side did? thats why i made the post wanting to know if they made the t3 to td04 adaptor?

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TD04 is the small turbine mitsubishi turbo. 14b uses a td05 turbine.

If the turbo is Turbonetics, it's definitely NOT a TD04/05. Turbonetics uses garrett nomaculture.
If you are telling us it's a Stage 3 wheel, that means its a T3 Stage 3 Turbine.
With regrds to flow, 360cfm doesn't make sense unless it's a straight t3 (maybe 60/63) A T4 compressor would flow more than 360cfm.

Post pictures/whats's written on the housings, and we'll try to give you better specs.
ill go out to my car here in a sec and get EVERYTHING it says off the turbo....it DEFIANTLY says .63 stg lll wheel ill get the other numbers in a sec.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
thats a straight up t3 manifold flange. post pics of the DP flange

i think that is the same turbo i have. mine has a basic 5 bolt t3 DP flange

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill go out to my car here in a sec and get EVERYTHING it says off the turbo....it DEFIANTLY says .63 stg lll wheel ill get the other numbers in a sec.

hmmm maybe i got luckey and my buddy just didnt know what he had? and if its a t3 then i wont have to get the damn adaptor or different d.p!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
shape of 14b inlet...

vs..
shape of t3 inlet...

hmmm maybe i got luckey and my buddy just didnt know what he had? and if its a t3 then i wont have to get the damn adaptor or different d.p!
you said you were running a 14b before; if so, then you will need a new downpipe... but it looks like you will be good to go w/ your t3 flanged CC-fab mani...

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has B1102 stamped on the exhaust side along with .63 STG lll
Also has 20358-03 stamped on the side of the inlet where it would bolt to the manifold?
If anyone has a pic capable phone send me a text to 513-403-9282 I took a pic!

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
text and pm sent

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
uploading with photobucket now. its a t3 DP flange. definatly a good turbo.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i think its just a straight t3. the compressor looks too small to be a t3/t4

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
might be a t3....are t3 and t3/t4 dp flanges different? the d.p i have doest fit ....same style but doesnt fit... i cant mock it up to my love fab mani b/c its at the builders (i get it back tomorrow so i can mock it up) here are other pics

1 - 20 of 61 Posts