Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well ive got one sitting in my garage and i have a 5 speed, so swapping it should give me a little more hp?

·
Registered
255 Posts
A straight swap will probably hinder performance... if im not mistaken the F22 is 60mm? Therefore you should bore your manifold out to 60mm to allow the TB the air it needs

·
Registered
348 Posts
A straight swap will probably hinder performance... if im not mistaken the F22 is 60mm? Therefore you should bore your manifold out to 60mm to allow the TB the air it needs
+1 IIRC, D,B,H,and F Throttle Bodies are all universal as far as bolting to the manifold.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It could hinder performance. Instead of a step-down, you have a step-up - which causes reversion of air. You have a smoother flow with a matching set.

Jason

·
Registered
255 Posts
Exactly! The air will be slowed by the smaller port on the manifold

·
Registered
169 Posts
lol I guess you have a scientific point there :) But when I got my B16a2 TB on my D15b it felt and went a whole lot better even without porting.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
lol I guess you have a scientific point there :) But when I got my B16a2 TB on my D15b it felt and went a whole lot better even without porting.
I vote placibo effect. w/o portmaching there would be no effect on flow. if anything i may be worse then stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts