Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i decided to take some forum advice and tap the stock oil sender for my turbo feed instead of running it off a sandwich plate due to the sandwich plate not filtering oil. i cant go with the golden eagle sandwich plate because i need three ports (oil temp sensor, oil pressure, and feed) and the GE one only has 2 ports.

i hear that just T'ing off the block with a brass fitting can cause the weight of the sender to make the brass fitting break. so im choosing to go off an article on endyn's site. heres what i have in mind:

fittings:
A: 1/8 male BSPT to 1/8 female NPT
B: 1/8 male NPT to -3AN
C: -3AN hose end
**Loop is -6AN Braided Hose**
D: -3AN hose end
E: -3AN to 1/8 male NPT
F: 1/8 NPT "T" fitting
G: 1/8 NPT male to 1/8 female BSPT
H: 1/8NPT to -3AN

questions are:
1. where can i get fitting "G"?
2. is there a more efficient way of doing this?
3. does someone make an aluminum fitting that i can use instead of a brass fitting that could break off?

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Has there really been an reports of product failures due to using "pre-filtered" oil? I don't recall ever seeing one. Personally, I used a Blox sandwich that had three ports on it. I used two...one for the turbo feed and one for the mechanical oil pressure gauge. Never had an issue. Just saying that I think you'll be fine with the "pre-filtered" oil is all.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^well danz and a few local guys have told me that since fresh builds have a good amount of metal left over from machining that it can mess up your turbo. and i just had a brand new turbo die on me so maybe that was the cause.

puff, m10x1 is the same as 1/8bspt?

and gsx kid, i already bought that feed kit but i lost a couple of the fittings. im just looking to pick up the fittings.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Just run the line from the back of the block to the turbo and forget the tee fitting...

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Just run the line from the back of the block to the turbo and forget the tee fitting...
Fail, his oil light will be on constantly, which is quite annoying.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I don't have it hooked up to any of the cars I do and never I the oil light come on..

·
Registered
Del sol
800 Posts
really I am positive its the other way around. No oil pressure sending unit on mine and oil light never comes on. If I plug it in it will work like it normally would.

Here is a video

T of the block, the oil sandwich plate will add another part to the motor that could potentially leak oil.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
well lets think about this, the stock sender is just a switch that keeps the oil light in the dash happy right? so if you have an oil pressure gauge then why (in theory) would you even need the oem sender?

no, its an warning indicator that your oil pressure is low and to stop your car asap and check it out.

do you own a service manual?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
yeah, im just wondering that if you see your oil pressure gauge dip it tells you the same thing doesnt it?
Yes sir..

1 - 20 of 88 Posts