Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine owns a shop that builds mainly honda street/track cars....He called me the other day to stop by and have a look at a customers car....I wish I had pics.......

It was a young lady (of course a man would never do this...LOL)
She bought an 03 civic dx 4 door 5 speed (bought it brand new with onlyh a few miles)

The car has 54,000 miles on it now and is knocking and needs an engine...My friend asked her when the last time she had an oil change was....She replied, oil change? hmm i never got one of those before.....I thought I was supposed to do that........

So heres an 03 Civic that actually made it 54,000 miles on the oil from the assembly line......thats pretty damn good I think, to make it that far...but VERY DUMB on the girls part........

He pulled the valve cover off to find that the oil had almost become solid....think of it as black silicone after it dries..........craziest thing ever!! :honda:

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
damn...

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i only changed the oil in my corsica once, right when i first got it
i was trying to blow that son of a bitch up and it lasted 2.5 years of HARD driving lol
then sold it to my dad and a month later it shot a rod out the die of the engine and a pulley shot off too lol

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
^^bwahahaha...sorry about that but it is just funny to me that it didn't blow until you sold the damn thing...

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
my dad didnt think it was funny lol
i bought the car as my first one in high school, all my money
my mom said if it blew shed buy me a new car, basically whatever i wanted at a reasonable price lol i tried my hardest but it didnt blow until after I bought a new car lol

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
My ex gf's excuse for not changing her oil was that she didn't have any money. I always told her when her engine seized....then she would have wished she spent the 20$ every 2-3 months then the 2-3 grand its going to cost her.

She married some dude recently....I laugh in his general direction

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
I had a 78 Monza, never changed the oil in it for 2 years.............

The rear main was bad, I was adding a quart a week. Just change the filter twice a year.

I'll but that car NEVER EVERS rusts out!!!!!!

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
hondajosh said:
So heres an 03 Civic that actually made it 54,000 miles on the oil from the assembly line..craziest thing ever!! :honda:
thats some damn good engineering i say, and a real dumb bitch.

·
Registered
518 Posts
SillyImportRacer said:
That says a lot for Honda...reliable as an anvil.

I don't change the oil in my VW. It leaks so bad it changes it's self.
lol i had a amzda that did that too leaked about a quart a week

my school hated me cause in my parking spot was a huge oily mess

also that car went thru transmissions like no tommorrow but it was an auto so it couldnt really handle added power

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
skr33t_rac3r said:
lol i had a amzda that did that too leaked about a quart a week

my school hated me cause in my parking spot was a huge oily mess

also that car went thru transmissions like no tommorrow but it was an auto so it couldnt really handle added power
93-94 Mazda by any chance??

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
DAMN that's not cool i see that as torture and about that 1998 kia $hit what is the world thinkin u buy a car and it will fix it self WTF nice story here some rep!!!!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
There was a sienna that came into our dealership. he said the car runs like shit. well, we pull off the valve cover and there you go, the head is all cover up with thick black stuff. it looks like some rubber. found out that he hasnt change the oil for a lonnggg while.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
honda makes some pretty tough cars and that proves it right there.

if i had a dollar for every person who came in overdue for their service i would never have to pay to mod the eh2 again :sadface:
we've had people come into the dealership who were 60,000 over their service. today i had a customer with a 2005 vehicle at almost 38,000kms and all he's ever wanted to have done is oil changes since the beginning. the service minder indicated a Type B2 service which included a general underbody and engine bay inspection, servicing the front and rear brakes, replacing the air filter and changing the pollen filter if required. so now he'll go another 30 some thousand kms before it comes up again.

the new hondas have the service minders on the cluster tell you when and what service to get done and people never follow them and if they do they only look at the oil life and get an O&F change when the litte wrench on the dash blinks. i dont know how long i was asleep but can someone tell me when a wrench icon becamse the universal symbol for OIL CHANGE??? :roll:

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
My dumb-ass didn't change the oil on the first motor I had in my car and that fucker sized up on me on the freeway (I knew shit about car's). :roll: I just bought the car, had no idea when the oil was changed. More then likely closer to 3k if not over. I couldn't have driven more then 2k. Since then I change the oil religously on all my and parents car's.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
on my old d15b7, when i first got the car, I didn't know shit about it. I think I went 7-8 months without changing the oil... stupid me.

then a girl taught me how to do it myself and that's where the light bulb turned on in my head :) no joke!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts