Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright everyone i have to change my camshaft seal that is behind the cam gear. i have never taken apart a head to know how to do this. and the shop wants to much to do it. i already have the seal but i need you guys help on how to take apart the head to get the cam out. i dont know a thing about it so i will need help getting it apart and putting it back together. all help is appreciated.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
remove timing belt, pull valve cover, remove rocker assembly, pull cam out...:smile:

maybe not QUITE that simple but very close to it. make sure you torque everything back down to spec. a Helms is your best friend :TU:

W

·
0 Posts
helms is good but i don't like how it lack pictures of actual cars like real pisture instead of diagrams.really good manual tho

T

·
0 Posts
If you have never worked on a motor before you better get a few cases of corona cause its gunna take you a while lol. If you need a copy of the helms manual let me know and i can email it to ya.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't forget to set your engine to TDC, take the vlv cover, R/assembly off and your home free, mark your distributor so its easier for you, since you never done this. And when you drop the cam back in pay close attention to your book on how to line up your cam gear marks. Take your time and if you start getting inpatient stop for a while and press on later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts