Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really know where to put this, but, I have been getting ready for my rebuild and for a while I couldn't find a few sizes of OEM main bearings in Taiho or Daido, only Glacier Vandervell. But recently (the past week) all colors of bearings are again available in Taiho through Honda's eStore.

Just a heads up for those who've been looking for 'em.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of going all greens, but I decided to try and spec out each bearing individually. 2 greens, 1 red, 1 pink, 1 black; all Taiho. We'll see how it goes :sweatdrop:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine from the dealer, and after all was said and done, it was $140 for 10 halves. So with 6% MI sales tax, about $14/side:$28/main.

I got bent over pretty hard by the dealer pricing, but oh well.

·
Registered
EJ6
380 Posts
I got mine from the dealer, and after all was said and done, it was $140 for 10 halves. So with 6% MI sales tax, about $14/side:$28/main.

I got bent over pretty hard by the dealer pricing, but oh well.
thats pretty good actually, with dearlership price here in canada will cost an arm and a leg. but lucky i am right across the river from detroit

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
how much did u pay for those?
well as you well know it depends on your account at NAPA.

give them these numbers (STD sized):

Mains:
5M9410 000

Rods:
4B9415 000

might have to ad an AL3 or ATM in front of those part numbers.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
I didn't really know where to put this, but, I have been getting ready for my rebuild and for a while I couldn't find a few sizes of OEM main bearings in Taiho or Daido, only Glacier Vandervell. But recently (the past week) all colors of bearings are again available in Taiho through Honda's eStore.

Just a heads up for those who've been looking for 'em.
Haha that's pretty cool that Taiho makes those. We live like 2 minutes from the factory, I know one of the floor managers and my sister is best friends with the local plant owners daughter.

Honda/Toyota valves (AFS) are about to 1 minute drive from my house.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha that's pretty cool that Taiho makes those. We live like 2 minutes from the factory, I know one of the floor managers and my sister is best friends with the local plant owners daughter.

Honda/Toyota valves (AFS) are about to 1 minute drive from my house.
Sounds like you should work some magic and make a couple of boxes of bearings disappear :yes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, so i went to the dealership and they quoted me at 300 for the package...
Go to estore.honda.com I believe it is and you can order them and have them shipped to your local dealer. Or check out some of the OEM online parts retailers. There are few.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts