Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont feel like searching for this and I know someone has got to have done this before. Installing a tach in a 91 hatchback dx. One wire left to go on my sunpro tach, the green wire. I have heard that even the dx came with a tach wire in the behind-dash harness even though there isnt a stock tach. Is this true? If so, which frelling wire is it?
ABOUT TO GO MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY MAD!!!!!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
cannot wire to dimmer switch, Honda uses a ass backwards setup..........

You dim the dash, tach get brighter!!!!!!

Wire from fuse box or the little light for the ashtray, get a circuit that comes on with the parking lights. Wire that through a simple SPST switch, then onto the light wire.

Cruising long trips, you'll want to kill the tach light.

Try having 5 gauges lit on a long drive.........makes you tired faster.

J

·
0 Posts
jsut stick your white wire off the tach into the fuse box where the fuse is at for the insturment lights, should be on the bottom row, 8th over

·
Registered
243 Posts
i had it wired to the dimmer switch so when i was driving, only the tach would be bright with the shift light but the entire dash was dim. worked for me as it focused attention to the tach.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
transzex said:
cannot wire to dimmer switch, Honda uses a ass backwards setup..........

You dim the dash, tach get brighter!!!!!!

Wire from fuse box or the little light for the ashtray, get a circuit that comes on with the parking lights. Wire that through a simple SPST switch, then onto the light wire.

Cruising long trips, you'll want to kill the tach light.

Try having 5 gauges lit on a long drive.........makes you tired faster.
LOL!! Self hypnosis on a road trip doesn't sound good. That bitch of dimmer switch had me going for awhile till you said that. Wired it up with a switch like you said. easy fix. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts