Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
EG6
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well all the sudden my tach starts bouncing around when im driving... at a stop its fine but just crusing it will jump... eg. like at about 60 MPH it jumps between 2-3200 RPM??? any suggestions???

·
Registered
349 Posts
this has happen to me , with my 88 crx, it may not be the same problem with you as it was for me , but what i did to fix it was , there was some wires loose around the dizzy, not at the connections but in the middle of the wires , i just cot the bad wires out and re-soldered new ones in , and put heat shrink tube around them..i would say to look for any loose wires or anything corroded, hope i helped

·
Registered
174 Posts
im not sure where it is but the ECM ... i heard could be the problem .. but that will also make your car stall if its loose ... and i know this how ... my cars tach goes all crazy and my car stalls and i ned to fix it ...

you guys know where the ECM is ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
so its possible the tach can mess with your idle and make your car stall ?

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
check the 12v power wire that you most likely hooked to your battery... it that comes loose, your tach will bounce... has happened plenty times for me

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,799 Posts
or failing ignitor.......which sends a bad signal to the tach.....

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
check the 12v power wire that you most likely hooked to your battery... it that comes loose, your tach will bounce... has happened plenty times for me
:werd: and for me most the time it has just been my battery dying

1 - 10 of 10 Posts