Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Has anyone here ever gotten a Chinese T70?

Are they actually 70mm or smaller?

The ones I've been looking at on ebay don't look as big as the Master Power T70s I've seen. They look smaller.
in the ebay listing it should say what size the compressor wheel is.and also you do not want the exhaust wheel size to far from the compressor wheel size.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HotRod magazine put 2 ebay t70's on a GM LS engine. They made 1200hp. Seem pretty decent to me.
They were actually 76mm

Stock GM LS Engine - Big Bang Theory - Hot Rod Magazine

The ones that I saw a few years ago where like 60 or 62mm
That's what they look like to me! 60/62 would be fine still, I could always toss it on a smaller engine. The only reason I really wanna buy it is to build the hotside, I don't have any T4 based turbos on hand and $150 is tempting.

in the ebay listing it should say what size the compressor wheel is.and also you do not want the exhaust wheel size to far from the compressor wheel size.

I've found out the hard way that their specs listed aren't always right :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
i run a 62mm ebay turbo on my car.i want to max it out.then i am going to save and buy a comp ball bearing turbo.even though you see 60 and 62mm turbos make sure the exhaust wheels are not to small compared to the comp wheels.it will result in worn bearings and possible broken shaft.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i run a 62mm ebay turbo on my car.i want to max it out.then i am going to save and buy a comp ball bearing turbo.even though you see 60 and 62mm turbos make sure the exhaust wheels are not to small compared to the comp wheels.it will result in worn bearings and possible broken shaft.
What would be a safe threshold? 2,5,10mm?

It's for a V8 so I'm looking for their T4 housing ones

this is the description:

T70-2 Turbo Charger

* Turbine Housing AR:A/R 1.32

* flange:T4 Flange V band

* downpipe v band : 101mm (4')

* Compressor Housing AR:A/R 70 T04E

* Compressor Inlet: *101mm

* Compressor Outlet:*65mm

* Turbine Wheel:*64.5-73mm Trim:79

* Turbine compressor: 101.6mm (4')

* Compressor Wheel:*54.3-82mm trim52

* Bearing Housing: TB34

* Oil and Water Cooled: water Cooled

* Thrust Bearing: 360

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Elaborate? Is this really a gt30 wannabe or is it 61mm inducer like tuw gdspeed model. Man. I want to run be but can't find anybody that's used one. Gsxkid? Cam. Psi. Head type. And full boost rpm. What rpm does it start really movn on about 10psi. Thanks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Elaborate? Is this really a gt30 wannabe or is it 61mm inducer like tuw gdspeed model. Man. I want to run be but can't find anybody that's used one. Gsxkid? Cam. Psi. Head type. And full boost rpm. What rpm does it start really movn on about 10psi. Thanks.
the op is looking for a t70.most of the cheap turbos on ebay that claim they are t70 turbos have alot smaller thann 70mm compressor wheels.my ebay turbo is a knock off gt35.my turbo has the same wheel measurements as a real gt35 or gt35r.my car is seeing [email protected]

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
the op is looking for a t70.most of the cheap turbos on ebay that claim they are t70 turbos have alot smaller thann 70mm compressor wheels.my ebay turbo is a knock off gt35.my turbo has the same wheel measurements as a real gt35 or gt35r.my car is seeing [email protected]
Where did you get your ko gt35? Also, how much did it run you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts