Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up trading for 2 turbonetics T67 turbos. I mostly sell my turbo related stuff here but too me they seem to be to big.

Has anyone tried one yet? Is anyone willing?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats why I asked if any had tried one yet. They were popular add on too the 93+ Supra as a solid daily motor that could still perform.

They have a 67mm inducer and 84mm exducer. Yes they are T4 flanged.

Here is the map.

Here is a dyno with it on a B18 (I think)

And one with it on a VW 2.0 20V.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will sell one to whomever wants one but they need to understand the consequences before doing so. Don't get it bolted up and then complain you don't break 100whp until 7k then you have so much tire spin it would be impossible to move forward.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly there are better turbos for even that. If you had something like a "B20 V tac yo yo" (sorry could not resist it) then it may be a decent setup for a drag car. Or if you are the type of guy that is lacking when it comes to pleasuring your woman and feel the need to compensate externally it would work there as well (check my turbo out baby girl; lets makes babies). I was thinking about putting it on a a tow chain and rock that sh!t like a gangster fool would.

Basically what I am saying is that only a complete and utter dumb ass would buy a turbo of this size and try to run it on a daily unless it was 2.2 liter +.

Having said that who's down for one? Or if you are having major issues with the ladies I could do package deal and you could do a sequential setup? I will even include a decent size stick to knock them hoes off the suckkers.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Eh... I had rather have a turbo that makes a steady increase, rather than a ridiculous curve. A car that makes 250whp at 3500rpms is better than one that makes 600whp at 6500rpms. If that makes since

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I completely disagree with that. The power you make at 3500 rpm doesnt mean anything when it comes to racing.
That being said, I think this turbo is too big. On a 1.6 youre going to have to be reving to, and flowing to, well over 9k rpm for it to be effective, and even then you would be better off with a smaller turbo with the power levels most of you would dream of.

There is the line we feed the n00bs about how "xx psi on a ___ is different than xx psi on a ___", the idea being that a bigger turbo makes more power on the same amount of boost than a smaller turbo would, but that has its limits. The reason we see that behavior is when a turbo is choking or running out of efficiency. Once your turbo is big enough that you have plenty of flow at your given pressure ratio there is nothing to be gained from going bigger. You have to increase boost to make more power at that point, and then the increased boost will result in more flow which may mean a bigger turbo is needed.

It looks like youd have to be making a shit load of power and running a lot of boost to need a turbo like this.
Where exactly would it become needed, Im not sure, but I know its bigger than most of us would need.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts