Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to build a turbo motor. have a sohc zc bottom that was turboed but blew pistons due to being untuned. i am going to bore it and get more vitaras to go withe the eagles and arp harware, and also new bearings. i will either just put on my y8 head or get a valvtrain kit from kms(probably) and use that. i am woundering is i should go with some kind of turbonetics, greddy type t3 turbo or a 16g or something of the sort. looking to break 12's daily driven

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
don't forget to get the mad tyte usdm fluxs capacitor to get you car humm since you didn't use the search button.

·
Registered
1988 CRX
115 Posts
high 12s big 16g low 12s t3/t4. Personal preference really. I like turbonetics t3/t4 hybrids but i have also used garrett products and never had any trouble out of either one so it is really up to you. you can get in the 12s with both with all supporting mods and management.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
don't forget to get the mad tyte usdm fluxs capacitor to get you car humm since you didn't use the search button.
damn flux capacitor for a civic? tell me where you find those things!!!
ya man search is your best freind. im a noob and i knwo that buddy. but since i am a noob i wont be all mean about your thread like some others might be. but im a fan of the small snails since im not all into high whp goals. i run a 15g and love it. but its all up to you and your goals

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
i am woundering is i should go with some kind of turbonetics, greddy type t3 turbo or a 16g or something of the sort. looking to break 12's daily driven
Yes!
Take note of the phrase in bold, because you may see a pattern developing here.
Fuck it just go ebay t70 bam!!!!! 10's all day
Wouldn't if be so cool if it really was that easy ;)

Seriuosly, at the very least it would nice to know what this is going in. There's a big enough difference in weight between a CRX and a '00 4dr to make it a factor. A lot of guys on here run a T3/T4s, but there's plenty of fast DSM turbo's too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its in a crx. yes i searshed but didnt come up with anything when i put in dsm or 16g etc... prol. cause they are not long enough phrases(idk if it works like that here)

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
On a more serious note boosted 91 has a nice ass dsm turbo setup check his shit out he runs low 12's
Yup, and it's a CRX too.

its in a crx. yes i searshed but didnt come up with anything when i put in dsm or 16g etc... prol. cause they are not long enough phrases(idk if it works like that here)
It is too short for the search engine. Boosted91 has been running a big 16g and is well into the 12's. He has a thread around about upgrading to a bastard 20g... he's shooting for the 11's!

also how bad are the ebay intercoolers? i have heard that they all leak. is this true
not true they are fine
Just make sure it's a bar and plate design.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so it wouldnt be too bad to go with and ebay mani, intercooler, and piping but name brand turbo, wastegate, bov?

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Mani no(unless it's a cast mani), i/c yes, the piping usualy isn't correct from what I've seen. Real turbo is a plus, not the ching change ebay garbage that could last a year or 5minutes. WG, a standard 38mm will do fine(or internaly gated turbo), BOV I'm a fan of my greddy. Super street, import tuner or some other mag did a special on the ebay knock off BOV vs. the real deal. eBay brand failed there with a uber weak inner diaphragm. Apex'i makes a nice bov, others use crushed DSM bovs... Hell, just do your self a favor. Buy a kit from autoworks or another board sponsor lol You'll get quality stuff that you know fits and will do the job and then some

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
how are the treadstone kits?
Almost $1300 for just a turbo, manifold, wg.. then $300ish for their intercooler kit? Not mentioned if a oil line kit is included. You're at atleaste $1700 there.

Hell, for a little more you can pick up a Greddy kit w/ emanage that has everything you need right out of the box. Not a bad deal for $2000. + it's carb legal in 50-states. Onlything I'd suggest with something like that, comming with a pre-tuned ECM unit, is to get it tuned ASAP after install.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
used greddy kits go for as little as $500 in CA. in fact there is a edelbrock kit for sale in northern NV for 1500, NIB.

as far as the turbos go(original question), its personal preferance. but your dp and turbine exhaust port sizes are limited on the mitsu turbos, if your using a o2 housing (tube or stock).

torturedsol has it on the nose about the ebay stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i thought about the greddy kits but how is the emanage tuning system? i was going to go with hondata. i also dont know if the guys around hear tune with emanage much, id rather have a system they are proficient with. a full tredstone kit is less than 1900 with everything(turbonetics turbo) and less with a greddy turbo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts