Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
EJ8
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:slap: hi, hows it going. my name is Erik and want to get my 98 civic coupe ex into the low 12s or better. i am debating right now between the t3/t4 50trim .48a/r and the t3/t4 50trim .63a/r. this is my daily also. when will these hit full boost and at what psi please? thanks. time is just getting closer by the moment for me to buy one and its getting tense. i hear at 18psi the .48 will spool at 4200 or so and the .63 at 4500. i just dont know. is this true. its getting thick real quick lmao:confused:

W

·
0 Posts
civicsi94 said:
:slap: hi, hows it going. my name is Erik and want to get my 98 civic coupe ex into the low 12s or better. i am debating right now between the t3/t4 50trim .48a/r and the t3/t4 50trim .63a/r. this is my daily also. when will these hit full boost and at what psi please? thanks. time is just getting closer by the moment for me to buy one and its getting tense. i hear at 18psi the .48 will spool at 4200 or so and the .63 at 4500. i just dont know. is this true. its getting thick real quick lmao:confused:
lmao your motor is built.... if not then no 12's for you unless you gut the car.... and have a nice suspension/tire setup. if it is built then if you want 12's i would go with .63 its huge but good up top.

·
Registered
EJ8
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my motor will be built. just debating on these two cuz of spool time and what not and hearing the .48 is too small from some ppl and the .63 is too big from some. when do u think the .63 will hit full boost and at what psi?

W

·
0 Posts
to guess that would be crazy. but dont expect it anywhere below 3500 i would say.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its very simple, it all depends on your power goals.

as far as spool, expect to see 15-18psi in the 5000rpm range with .48 AR. That should be fairly accurate since i just checked this morning. I can double check that for you again later. ;P

I don't have any experience with the .63, but my guess is 500rpms later???

Good to see you're doing some research, but like i said before, it all depends on your power goals.
For example, if you're only shooting for 300whp then IMHO the .48 should suffice, If you want 350+ get the .63.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
well you really dont need a t3/t4 to run 12's but if you must pick that turbo i'd say a T3/t4e 54 trim
.48 turbine side and .60 or .63 compressor side..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts