Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a garrett .60 trim turbo been trying to sell but havent gotten any bites so i was thinking of taking compressor housing and mating it with a .48 turbine for a more streetable turbo. if i have both units(straight t3 and my t3/t4) is this do-able or is there more complications to it? planning to buy a rebuild kit also PLUS get it balanced locally. seen the youtube vids on disassembling and imho looks pretty easy.

would this unit be comparable to the thunderbird t3's 48/60?

LMK what you all think

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nothing?

well i was thinking about it, would the turbo im trying to pretty much put together be considere a t3/t4 with a .48a/r?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm i never even thought that the wheel would be the same and the housing was the only thing different. i figured if you gotta make the compressor wheel bigger/smaller to fit compressor housing, so will the turbine side. thanks for the info. i got a .48 housing that someone welded a flange on it so i cant use it but at least i can use to it to see if it works.

Thanks for the info 99ctrhatch. much appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
actually the compressor housing is .50 a/r i must've read comp housing wrong.

well the compressor wheel measures ~55mm ind and ~75mm exd( i dont have a caliper to measure it with so i used a ruler with some close enough measurements) so its around 55 trim?

danz: yea for some reason im used to putting "." after the numbers haha. but its actually a 55 trim in a .50 housing. could be a 57 trim but i dont have good measuring instruments.

so how can i change the title to the thread? it should be 63/50 to 48/50 55-57 trim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts