Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched, no find. Anyways im about to boost my dohc zc...i found a hell of a deal on a t3 t4 50 trim from my buddy, 125 for turbo, down pipe, dump tube and waste gate. anyways i have no idea what kinda wastegate it is, or what size spring is in it, but im not worried about that right now, my question is how many psi can i run safely on this motor with that size turbo??i wanna get to atleast 180-185 whp...ive heard of zc's goin over 200whp on stock block but i dont wanna push it, just want safe power...i was thinkin about MAYBE 8 psi since this is a biger turbo?? also would the stock injectors be able to supply enough fuel for 8 psi?? oh BTW the turbo is mated to a HF mani and adaptor plate.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeah, that's a hell of a deal. With a T3/T4 200 whp isn't far from achieving, even on a stock block. It's all in the tune to keep it reliable.

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
I ran a Garret T3/T4 50 trim on my old DOHC ZC. I made 220whp/205 tq @ 10psi. It's a great sized turbo for the ZC.
I would definately upgrade the injectors as well.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
i say anywhere between 6-9 PSI.....But this depends on the "Tune" and the engines Health.....

·
Registered
371 Posts
What management are you planning on using?

I am making 210whp on 7psi with a 57trim, the 50 trim is only slightly smaller.

You will need to upgrade the injectors, DSM 450s will be plenty.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replys guys....the problem with tuning is no1 around here messes with obd0...but a buddy of mine chips and tunes obd1 cars....he'll chip the ecu and ride down the road with you and give u a base tune to be able to drive the car safely for like $100..so i think im gunna end up just buyin a conversion harness and go obd1...so about 10 psi???is that SAFE???like good for a daily driver because its the only vehicle i got...the engine is pretty healthy, burns very little oil

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
well I would NEVER reccommend using stock injectors with anything but an intake, header and maybe exhaust... upgrade the injectors.... get some colder plugs and tuning as well and 8lbs shouldnt be an issue.... good luck

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
thanks for the replys guys....the problem with tuning is no1 around here messes with obd0...but a buddy of mine chips and tunes obd1 cars....he'll chip the ecu and ride down the road with you and give u a base tune to be able to drive the car safely for like $100..so i think im gunna end up just buyin a conversion harness and go obd1...so about 10 psi???is that SAFE???like good for a daily driver because its the only vehicle i got...the engine is pretty healthy, burns very little oil
if he can tune obd1, he can tune obd0 using TurboEdit...

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if he can tune obd1, he can tune obd0 using TurboEdit...
well ive asked him if he could set my obd0 ecu up to be tuned, and he said that hes never really messed with that obd...so i dunno if he thinks he cant do it, or just thinks its a waste of time and dont wanna learn a diffrent software

1 - 16 of 16 Posts