1000cc injectors
255 fuel pump
8500 rev limit
pnp head

any help GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Either a bep spec 50 trim or a holset. Personally I think anything more or less is not going to give you power like you want. That sc61 is gonna be a light switch on and off power

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Either a bep spec 50 trim or a holset. Personally I think anything more or less is not going to give you power like you want. That sc61 is gonna be a light switch on and off power

I have a hy35 right now. But im trying to keep my ac somehow. lol I access to both turbos and was wondering which of the 2 would be better. i dont understand what you mean about on/off power.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys thanks for your input on the thread. But your not answering what I'm asking. Not to be a jerk or anything but I have 2 turbos to choose from. So if you tell me about some other turbo not listed in the original question that doesnt help me any. Again, I'm not trying to be a smartass.

·
Registered
764 Posts
You have only part of the equation listed.

What ccompressor on the T3TO4E? They make so many different compressors its not funny. They range from 250whp to 450whp so which one?

Also what Turbine will it be using?

Which Comp and turbine housing AR's?

With the SC62 which turbine? What AR's?

You want an answer but you have not asked a question that anyone can answer without more specific details.

·
Registered
764 Posts
How do you plan on driving the car? Street, daily, track?

·
Registered
764 Posts
The SC61 will spool slower then the T3T4 57 trim. Personally I would not go for either of them but if I had a choice probably the SC61 because they are good turbo and it would leave some room to grow.

If you would look at other turbos I would consider the BullsEye T3T4 50 trim or 57 trim. Of those 2 the 50 trim would be the first pick. Alot of people don't know this but the 50 trim is the most efficient of the T4 compressors. Everyone looks at trim and thinks the bigger the better and that is not it. The T4 50 trim actually has a slightly larger exducer which helps significantly with efficiency, broader comp map, quicker spooling, and overall more lb min flow.

T4 57 trim compressor maxes at 44 lb min at 60% and makes 40 lb min at 2.0 PR
T4 50 trim compressor maxes at 48 lb min at 65% and makes 44 lb min at 2.0 PR

The T4 50 trim is really the way to go with the older T3T4 style turbos.

The BullsEye use stainless exhaust housings with both 4 and 5 bolt pattern. Goauto has a killer deal on them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
correction the sc61 is a .63 ar

And is the t4 a twin scroll flange?
I don't understand what you are asking by twin scroll? Very little turbos are true twin scroll. The T4 you are thinking about are split housings, not twin scrolls. Big difference. They used split housing mostly to strengthen the castings and prevent cracking.

When I say T4 compressor I am referring to the cold side of the turbo. A T3T4 is a hybrid turbo that uses a T3 turbine and housing with T4 compressor and housing. They do this so the turbo will have better spool characteristics.

I was suggesting the T3T4 50 trim turbo.

Make sense?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought the turbo twice basically. Around the same power goals. Called up Full-race, they recommended the t3/61, motor got hydrolocked and had to sell the turbo. On my next build, called TheShodan from H-T and was told the same thing. So, ended up with a 61mm turbo again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts