Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting my quest on boosting my Y8. I'm thinking of going with a Super 60 and I found a good deal on a new 4 bolt discharge for $425. Is the 4 bolt not as common as the 5 bolt? If any what are the disadvantages of going with the 4 bolt over the 5 bolt? I want to retain AC and PS if that figures into the equation.

Thanks,

Jeremy

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
There's not an advantage per say. One just takes 4 bolts and the other 5. The only "advantage" is it's easier to remove a 4 bolt housing downpipe.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, ask a simple question and get a simple answer.

Only reason I asked was the below statement from SpoolinPerformance on H-T made it sound like I wouldn't be able to run AC with a 4 bolt.

also note- 4 bolt turbine housings have a diffrent placement than 5 bolt turbine housings . Hence, this is why people who put 4 bolt turbos on traditionally 5 bolt manifolds ( revhard, blox, inlinepro, etcc) have found they did some pretty CRAZY ( think, verge of putting a hole in the block) grinding or it simply did not fit in AC traditional configuration. You can only use these turbos with the compressor ( intake side) on the drivers side and route it in an NON-AC fashion. As a result, in doing so this particular mounting style requires the use of a half core honda civic radiator due to placement and angle. something to think about. I tell you this now so i dont have to tell you later.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Thanks, ask a simple question and get a simple answer.

Only reason I asked was the below statement from SpoolinPerformance on H-T made it sound like I wouldn't be able to run AC with a 4 bolt.
the outlet bolt pattern shouldn't make a difference in if you can run a/c or not (the mani will decide that :wink: ) 4 bolt flanges should be hard to find

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
No manifold yet. I'm doing a lot research for my first boost project.
what kind of budget do you have? personally, i'd look into a nice cast manifold (they are cheap, and won't crack). If you buy a name brand mani; you should be able to get a bolt-on dp too

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
A 4 bolt flange/DP is not at all hard to find...probably easier to find than a 5 bolt considering most off the shelf Garretts that are used now are 4 bolt. If your buying a mani/dp setup you should be able to request which flange you want. One is no easier than the other.
The DP flange does not determine any clearance or compatibility issues.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Here is the ebay seller I got my 4 bolt flange from.Fast shipping and no problems.He's in the same state as me so I awlays buy flanges from him.1044 feedback and all+

http://stores.ebay.com/MC-Motorsports

He doesn't have any listed at the moment but im sure he has them just email him.Mine was 9.94+4.80 s&h so its cheaper for the same thing atp sells.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reason for this post is because I saw a deal on the following.

T3 super 60 in .42ar/.48ar combo or .42ar/63ar combo $425.00 4 bolt discharge.

Seems too good to be true either that or it's not a real Super 60. What do you guys think?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts