Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a 56 trim T3 with a .56 A/R. Can get a good deal on it, if it is of any use to me. How would a turbo of this trim perform on a 1.6l? This is the first time I hear of a T3 with those specs, so im really not sure on what it can do. Any help would be appreciated.

O

·
0 Posts
well the 56trim .56a/r is the gousing and compressor wheel size. what aize is the exhaust side? .43,.48,.63 ?

I'll do a middle ground break down for ya.
that particular turbo with a .48 exhaust housing would support in "effeciency ranges of about 18-20 lbs of boost" and can spool up to about 23 lbs safley. you would start to spool about 3400 rpm and produce full boosting about 5600-6000 rpm ranges.

the turbo owuld "work" and be ok. but if you run it under 12 lbs of boost it won't be a very good turbo then. why? it's too big and will cause way too much turbo lag at the lower boosting ranges. so you would want a smaller turbo if you want 12 lbs or less. depends on what your going to try to accomplish with it.

O

·
0 Posts
the .48 is the exhaust side not the compressor side. it's jsut a housing size. any .43, .48, .63 housing is interchangable on a T3. your compressor map is for a .58 witha 56 trim or a true 56 comprssor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts