Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the t25 is a very small turbo which spool pretty fast and max out at 250 hp 14 psi.

i want to know if i cant run this one in a stock internals.
i getting a d16y7 with 70k miles on it, ( same engine i already have but with wayyy more miles)
i was thinking maybe 10psi DD
will i need to replace the valve springs ( ferrea),cams(bisi) and cam gear( AEM). and a y8 IM for sure.
will the stock piston and rods will b ok? or i should get different ones.
im still looking for a tranny (y8)

dont tell me to search because i did and found info here and other forums, but i would like to know if somebody here have a t25. i would like to know for personal experiences.
thank you

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm telling you to search.

Will 250hp on stock internals be a good idea?

Well would you look at that, I found the answer in 4 seconds searching.

Also why would you need to replace the cam and springs to support 250 on stock internals???

You gotta search kid, no other answer than that....

Try a search.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
More people make more power than that on stock internals. If you searched you would have seen in every thread they say 200-250 is about "how far I would go".

Also. Search and learn. Then make posts. This is useless. Yes you can turbo stock internals. No mode to engine. Put the turbo on. Tune. Set plug gap before that. And your good.

When someone makes a post and engine is stock. They don't mean stock. They mean cam gear. Sprinhs. Retainers. Cmon man. Common sense. Stock is stock.

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not saying that i will push it to 250 because i know i will need stronger rods and pistons, cams and valve springs.. i think i should be more clear. how must boost will internals take with a t25,anybody here running that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
you need to search how turbos make power and how a car internals except boost.... just to answer you so this stops dont go over 10.. but i would stay at 7-8 so you dont fry rings or brake a ringland now go search and learn cuzz you no nothing

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and yes i want 250 hp but since the engine has very low miles i thought that may be able to hold better, and no need to get new/better pistons

·
Registered
37 Posts
i know that the t25 is a very small turbo which spool pretty fast and max out at 250 hp 14 psi.

i want to know if i cant run this one in a stock internals.
i getting a d16y7 with 70k miles on it, ( same engine i already have but with wayyy more miles)
i was thinking maybe 10psi DD
will i need to replace the valve springs ( ferrea),cams(bisi) and cam gear( AEM). and a y8 IM for sure.
will the stock piston and rods will b ok? or i should get different ones.
im still looking for a tranny (y8)

dont tell me to search because i did and found info here and other forums, but i would like to know if somebody here have a t25. i would like to know for personal experiences.
thank you

Stock internals with a T25 your looking at 6-8 psi and 8 psi is pushing it, I wouldn't push it past 220 hp on stock internals your going to either melt your pistons or put a nice window in your block

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Word.. the search will lead you in the right direction. Google. " stock civic turbo" bet that alone gives you all answers. Look ar turbo installs. Our guys are detailed ejought to tell every step

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all right guys i think i was asking this the wrong way. i was looking for personals experience on how is your set up holding on stock internals

·
Registered
138 Posts
most people know that shit will only take a beating for so long at so much boost just boost your car have it tuned and when you break something fix it

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
the connecting rods are the "weakest" link in the engine. address the bottom half before spending money on cams and a cam gear.
doesn't make sense to me why you would spend money on the valve train when the limiting factor would be the bottom end

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will buy pistons, rods, valve, valve, springs and all internals little buy little and push it to 250- 300. But now I just want a t25 with stock internals at 8 psi, 180-210 whp, that's why I would like to know how ur set ups are doing.
I already have the turbo ( just tubo) so all I will need I'd pipes, injector n tune.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Wow. Just wow.
REally if your search you can find a shit load of information. Also you never said what kind of t25 your using there is a ton of them out there so that will make a difference also.
But simple answer tune her to 200hp and call it a day on stock motor.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
If you have a healthy motor. Throw in vitaras and rods. Go to 300 Qiu head studs. That's about as good as its gonna get.

With a proper tune 180 whp depending on torque isn't pushing a good bottom end. Hey aren't sweating at 180 to had. My d15 rods did 220wtq before bending.

Pistons are Tue weakest link unless you can keep the heat away. Proper tune. Ign. Fuel. Otherwise I see more people cra k riglands. From abuse obviously. Hammering.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Springs and retainers will be fine stock if you're not turning a lot of rpm, and with that turbo you won't wanna do that anyway. Weakest point is rod bolts and rods. If you want, add ARP rod bolts for a little extra insurance.

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think is from a talon, my friend and I pulled long ago and never used it.
That's what I was wonder is the oem pistons will hold, because I think they are really weak

·
Registered
138 Posts
hatch just search for real dude all this shit has been answered several times... go on google.com and type every question you have one by one and you will find an answer... once you get two or three answers for your question come back and ask witch answer every one thinks is better

1 - 20 of 21 Posts