Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a quick question. Please dont flame im asking for a friend.

He has a 94 hatch d16z6 he is looking to turbo it. He said he wants around 180-200hp but doesnt want to spend alot.

I told him just get the ebay t3 turbo, but then he said he saw a t25 on ebay and asked if it would spool faster and i told him yea. So then he asked if the t25 would be a better choice for faster spooling and good power.

So which turbo would be a better street car? and has anyone used the t25 before?

t25 T25/T28 TURBOCHARGER+INTERNAL WASTEGATE HONDA ACURA - eBay (item 140497773317 end time Feb-04-11 18:37:02 PST)

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Either will do the job, and both spool quick enough for a street car.

But yes the T25 will spool faster. It will need a bunch more boost pressure to make that power than a T3/T4 though. So it has to spool to a higher RPM than the lazy-but-harder-hitting T3/T4.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats what i thought. I know the t3 is bigger so less psi to do the same job and kicks in right around 4k pulls till redline.
while the t25 which looks about the same side as the greddy kit one. Should spool around what 2k? and drop off at 5k?
I took him either would work and the t3 would be easier to do but being him he wants more input.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
I wouldn't buy either. Go to the yard and find a used Garrett t3 .42/.48 from any old Saab/Volvo/etc. and run that instead.

I made 12psi by 3300 with a .42/.48 on a bone stock a6

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
I wouldn't buy either. Go to the yard and find a used Garrett t3 .42/.48 from any old Saab/Volvo/etc. and run that instead.

I made 12psi by 3300 with a .42/.48 on a bone stock a6
This.

Same turbo I have on my car, .42/.48 60 trim, I see 8lbs at roughly 3k.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
yep volvo/saab t3 best daily driven stock block turbo option available in my opinion.
Well there are a couple other great t3 options as well; t3 .48/.60 SVO/T-bird turbo, t3 .63/.60 SVO/T-bird turbo, or the t3 .63/.60 Nissan 300zx turbo(pretty much the same as the SVO/T-bird but different housings)

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Don't agree with any of this arguing, but when Bisi and Delta come on here showing stuff, they don't pay anything or are neg repped. Just throwing that out there

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
To the 2 of you (you know who you are)....
DO NOT offer services, it is against the rules. DO NOT hijack a thread and cause me to have to delete 16 different posts... If you want to argue etc. take it to pm's. Don't clutter up a tech thread.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
i would just find a dsm t25 or t28. they spool fast, and they're cheap. you should be able to find one at just about any junkyard.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn went to sleep n get up n there was A war going on.
Well he's just like that he likes new stuff. Also my setup is made around an ebay turbo and I guess he is saying its easier to copy me then do his own work. I brought a dsm turbo from a guy n was going to use it but this other guy wanted to buy it from me for about 3times my money so I said what the hell and sold it and got an ebay turbo because I hear that it will work for my needs. I'm almost done when my set up I just need injectors, a few ic pipes, and wg dump. But my build will be on the back burn because I'm trying to upgrade from my eg coupe to an ek coupe.

But hell idk maybe ill sell him my stuff n get me another setup. It has to be ac friendly tho.

Also note he brought ebay rear camber kit and had the brushing go out on him n amonther while I told him just do the washer trick, but he was like no the camber kit looks nice. Am like who the hell is going to see it.

So now u kinda get how he is. Anyway thanx for all the info. Ill either sell him mines, bulid him and ebay one, or talk him into getting a usee one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts