Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a manifold with a t25 flange for the d16z6? I've been looking but the only thing I can find is a cast one on ebay. Doesn't have to be fancy simple is better.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Bingo. That cast ebay "drag" style manifold is a good option.

Spoolin has the option for a T25 flange on his tubular log manifolds. But that cast manifold is cheaper, stronger, and flows better... so... yeah.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to stay away from random ebay brands if I can. Plus it's $110 so if I could find a better company for a little more I would go with that.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
There are a few chinese turbo parts that are bulletproof enough, and well sorted enough (because theyve been made for so long), that they are a no brainer.

Cast manifolds, Intercooler pipes (CXRacing stuff is thick wall and bead rolled), and intercoolers.
If you are a little more brave, I have never had a problem with chinese wastegates either.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
edelbrock makes one. i ran one on my first setup. Idk if they still have some floating around but i paid $80 ship for mines.

other then that just get the ebay cast. its kinda hard to mess up on a cast manifold.

·
Registered
E46
2 Posts
edelbrock makes one. i ran one on my first setup. Idk if they still have some floating around but i paid $80 ship for mines.

other then that just get the ebay cast. its kinda hard to mess up on a cast manifold.

He is correct^^ is you want a name brand cast there is a couple of them floating around on ebay for about 200 bucks free shipping.

wish i could post the link but i cant yet just go on ebay and type "edelbrock d16 turbo" the first two should pop up.

Thanks
Ziskho

·
Registered
99 Posts

Eh, that design works I guess. The wastegate placement is in a less than optimal place but it's not going to wreck your world provided your tune is good. I used that style manifold with a T04E 60 trim. No real issues at 6 psi however, at 14 psi I had to deal with boost pressure spikes. I moved to a manifold with the wastegate placed at the collector. Much better.

But again for a budget, that's not a terrible manifold. I wouldn't be worried about the current crop of Chinese cast manifolds cracking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts