Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic LX
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i T into the RPM wires and feed a second computer will the Honda computer still work?

Or am i going to have to run the signal through the second computer and through put it to the Honda computer?

I need to pick up the RPM for a second computer that will be on board.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
say what now?In English tell us what your planing on doing.

The oem honda ecu will work just fine. The rpm wire can be teed and it will output an rpm signal.
Normally used for shift lines, stand alone fuel cuts, nos, etc..
X2..

·
Registered
98 Civic LX
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Building a variable length intake manifold and want to have the lengths to change with the rpm.

Computer is operating a simple stepper motor and using a look up table and just need the input.

School project by the way.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Building a variable length intake manifold and want to have the lengths to change with the rpm.

Computer is operating a simple stepper motor and using a look up table and just need the input.

School project by the way.
Then yea it will work. Is just an rpm signal. Same as power or ground.

·
Registered
94 dx hatch
385 Posts
What chassis are you using? If you are using a 92-95 i would use the service tach wire by the clutch master cylinder. Its a single blue (i think) wire going into a plug. They way you arent disturbing any factory wiring to the ecu.

·
Registered
98 Civic LX
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so there is a blue wire with a black connector on it hanging somewhere by the clutch master cylinder and is for the rpm...

Why the hell did they put it there?

Anyways, ill find it and use it. makes my job simpler in the end.
I suppose this wire puts out the same digital signal as well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts