Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I posted about my gearbox finally taking a dump...turns out it was actually the throw-out bearing first, but the box needed to be replaced anyway. I actually melted the throw-out bearing (was smoking out of the shift fork boot)

I decided to go with a Synchrotech gearbox for the 1 year warranty and peace of mind knowing it was assembled correctly. Let me say... FANTASTIC customer service and the gearbox itself was polished enough you could eat off it! Installation took my buddy only 45 min (proper shop) and it's as smooth as butter. Even better with the b&m spherical bearing short shifter I put in too.

I'd recommend these guys to anyone looking to get a new box. Seriously impressed w/out one issue. Oh and best part? .... shipping includes a return bag and box with shipping label to send the core back for the next guy. Just call them up for a pick-up. Cool guys, great experience!

Looks EXACTLY like the photo:
http://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/images/C9295-425.jpg

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
This isnt the 1st one of these Ive read on Synchrotech.

Some of the best parts in the Honda world!

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I've heard good things about them too, when it comes time to do my tranny, I will try to recruit Bone to do it, if he's busy or logistics prevent me from dealing with him, I am definitely going to Syncrotech...was thinking of doing it myself, but the more I read up on it, lol, the more I think it may be a bit out of my league. Glad to hear they are still doing good...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,297 Posts
I've heard good things about them too, when it comes time to do my tranny, I will try to recruit Bone to do it, if he's busy or logistics prevent me from dealing with him, I am definitely going to Syncrotech...was thinking of doing it myself, but the more I read up on it, lol, the more I think it may be a bit out of my league. Glad to hear they are still doing good...
Think about the shipping price both ways. I get most of my kits from Synchrotech for a reason. Dave and crew can clean the case better than I can and less issue with shipping damage issues. With them and Gearspeed I do not see a reason to ship across the USA to me.

PS: If I make it to Cali, I wanna work at both places.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
^^

Talk about shipping across the country! Synchrotech is in Washington and Im in South Florida. Talk about shipping from the furthest point in america!

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Not that it makes a huge difference to FL, but Syncrotech is in SoCal, I guess that'd be a little closer

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,297 Posts
The picture of the broken B16 mainshaft that I tagged James @ Synchrotech in, the customer called looking for a tranny, explained what happened to the tranny......

Here some funny shit ! The brother that pays for all the shit on the Honda called out to California today and was trying to find a trans while telling the guy on the phone the story of what happened to ours the guy stops him and says " no shit that was your car " it was James from synchro tech He was talking too ! ! Lol
So the brother with money (OB/GYN) ordered a 90-91 B16 tranny with LSD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts