Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have my lc1 simming the nbo2, do I just need to reprogram that output of the lc1 scaled to 3.8v and have at it? I didn't id the wire I tapped to the ecu, I just used wire color to identify the signal wire. So is it correct to assume I already am into the right wire?

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
The LC1 has wideband and narrow band outputs. You could just run the narrow band output to the ECU without scaling anything.

Why even bother running closed loop though?

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
? Idk. It's my first honda and on gm I would tune it in open loop til my blms looked good in closed loop and then just run closed loop fixing glitches w that. Got great mileage and good power. If my blms got out of line for longer than I was up crossing the pass or the weather changed I knew something was up.

But there's no block learn I can see on tunerview, and I'm not even sure if I can plug my moates datalogging adapter into the socket the bt dongle is plugged to because of some stuff I read indicating tx and rx are wired reverse for bt. I didn't set up the ecu, not really my thing so it's voodoo.

Beyond that I don't even know what info hulog will spit out, so I picked up a vei systems dual vac/boost afr gauge to reference against the laptop data

And that indeed is how it's running, w analog 1 simming nb02 to the ecu, w a dead sensor plugging the cyl3 bunghole still getting power and heat to avoid a cel....which I'm not sure would even happen. I'll unplug it so the only thing on the harness is the simmed output and see next time I open the hood.

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
I don't think that you can just run the wideband signal directly to the ECU where the narrowband is connected as the ECU won't like the signal it gets. Seems to me that there was someone on PGMFI that found a work around (different input) that they used but that is really stretching my memory...I will have to see if I can go dig something up.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's supposed to work fine but not register extreme lean afrs due to the limited voltage range. Someone correct this if it's wrong, Google searches this and I don't wanna spread bad info.

That's why I was gonna go into LM programmer and reprogram the output to 3.8v, it's like a 2 second thing. I read the other way is to use a different (5v) wire and then tell ur tuning software where to find the wb02 signal

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
The way I understood it, you could just run the narrow band output to whatever you wanted and it acts like a normal sensor. I have my narrow band output going to a cheap AFR gauge so I can see if something goes drastically wrong.

Personally, I use the wideband signal output with a serial to USB adapter and data log via the COM port input. Just gotta tell the tuning software where to pick up the signal from.

You can also just disable the O2 sensor in your tuning software and cap the sensor port.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nope, that is awesome googlin dude.

So is it really suggesting that I tap the ecu power and grounds for my wb? I've never done that.... read i should if I had problems w offset based innacuracy but never had a problem.(edit: that I know of) In fact mine has always been wired to be semi mobile because in the past it got passed from vehicle to vehicle frequently.

Now it's more permanent but I'm just grounded and powered by convenient sources, namely my unused stereo switched hot and the battery

I was really young and stupid when I got it years and years ago. When I found it, I just hooked it up like I would have then out of habit.

If this is really that big of issue in glad I've only played w low compression naturally aspirated chevys

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
???

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
The manual specifically states not to use the ECU, stereo, fuel pump, or ignition system circuits for power.

I think you’re over complicating it. If you want a narrow band signal to the ECU (which I personally wouldn’t even mess with) then use one of the analog outputs.

With every tuning softeare I’ve ever heard of, aside from a piggyback system, you can disable the CEL for the absesne of an the OEM 02 sensor.

You can datalog the wideband signal independently of the ECU outputs using the stereo out connection and a serial to USB adapter. Just tell the software which COM port assignment to use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts