Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT:

So i just went and looked at the car. The body isn't in such good shape plus it has no title. I trading my 92 EG with a d16y8 swap for the crx si with a JDM B16A swap.

The fuel pump is out on the car which is why it don't run. I disconnected the gas line at the fuel rail and nothing came through. Also the fuel pump did not engage. Again, i'm not worried about the car.

The motor turns over great. Absolutely wonderful. Next week when i get paid I'm putting tags on my extra vehicle so me and the wife both have something to drive. The rex will then be in the garage and I'll begin pulling the b16. I'm going to save the body until i find a good crx shell then use it for parts until the swap is done, then scrap it. There are several good shells online. B) One on d-so I'm particularly interested in. What do you guys think? Good deal? I have $1300 invested in my car (body, motor, auto swap and misc things).

Vid...

Pics...

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
yeah make sure he puts a name and date "bill of sale" maby even an addy....makes shit so much harder when theres no title.

yeah i would just buy the car sell the shell and be done with it

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guys is telling me this is from a 92 Integra LS. In the B series wiki, there is nothing about a b16a in an integra.

Can anyone tell me what car this is from, or the exact motor number so i can research the power numbers and everything.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
B16a didn't come in the LS, B18a1/b did. However, it did come in the RSi/XSi, which are not USDM anyways.
it came in:
EF9- Honda civic SiR Hatch
EF8-Honda CRX SiR
DA8-Honda Integra RSi
DA6-Honda Integra XSi

Your motor is most likely out of an EF9 or EF8.
No number after the A indicates that its JDM.

It makes about ~160 bhp and 111 lbs/ft torque from factory.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i'm looking at this for specs?

B16A

Note: All JDM B16A engines are stamped 'B16A' (with no number after the "A" to identify version).

* VTEC
* Found in:
* JDM Honda Integra RSi/XSi (DA6/DA8)
o 1988-1991 JDM Honda CRX SiR (EF8)
o 1988-1991 JDM Honda Civic SiR (EF9)
+ Displacement: 1,595 cc (97.3 cu in) 1.6 liter
+ Compression: 10.2:1
+ Bore: 81.0 mm (3.2 in)
+ Rod/stroke ratio: 1.745
+ Power: 118 kW (160 PS; 158 bhp) @ 0 rpm & 111 ft·lbf (150 N·m) @ 7000 rpm
+ Transmission: S1/J1/Y1
+ Transmission: S4C/Y21 (Some with LSD)
+ Redline: 8200 rpm

Before i pull the engine how can i tell if its LSD?

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
I actually know this shit off the top of my head, since ive had a B16a hatch in my stable.
Im 95% sure the Y21 comes with LSD

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Well i know in cali to get a car registered signed over in title you have to have it smogged 1st. The engine is not USDM so you will have a hard time getting it smogged plus the car has no title......I really dont know if getting that car is worth it. Living in Cali i would fix my own car but things might be easier for you in your state.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually know this shit off the top of my head, since ive had a B16a hatch in my stable.
Im 95% sure the Y21 comes with LSD
ok, it will be next weekend before i pick this up to check the trans code.

Well i know in cali to get a car registered signed over in title you have to have it smogged 1st. The engine is not USDM so you will have a hard time getting it smogged plus the car has no title......I really dont know if getting that car is worth it. Living in Cali i would fix my own car but things might be easier for you in your state.
No smog in Arkansas(Where my vehicles are registered). I'm not interested in the car other than for parts. I've found several CRX's with titles on the cheap to swap this into.

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
I ain't going to give you shit on a b-series cause if I can finish up this deal with this guy I am getting a ls/vtec or a h22 lol.

Good luck with it...throw away that shell and get you a new one :td:

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
If you think that the CRX with that b16a in it and all its parts is enough to offset what you have in your own car do it....Buying another car with a clean title and putting that b16a in it is nice but will you come out making a profit or breaking even if you sell the parts in the CRX with the b16a in it?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you think that the CRX with that b16a in it and all its parts is enough to offset what you have in your own car do it....Buying another car with a clean title and putting that b16a in it is nice but will you come out making a profit or breaking even if you sell the parts in the CRX with the b16a in it?
I should. I only have $1300 in my car.

So $1300 for the b16 complete crx swap with the car for parts(full int, short shifter, basically a complete car. just the ext is kinda trashed and no title). I've found some clean shells for around $1000, to $1500 I'm looking at $2800 for a clean rex w/ jdm b16.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
I should. I only have $1300 in my car.

So $1300 for the b16 complete crx swap with the car for parts(full int, short shifter, basically a complete car. just the ext is kinda trashed and no title). I've found some clean shells for around $1000, to $1500 I'm looking at $2800 for a clean rex w/ jdm b16.
Well then i would do it unless you need 2 cars right away!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have 3 now for just my wife and I. My 08 Civic, my EG y8 swap, and my 95 GMC pickup.

I'm doing it!! :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does that vid sound ok to everyone? I know it wouldn't crank, but does the motor seem ok?

·
Registered
9 Posts
my y8 did the same thing. make sure the bolts that go thru the fuel feed line, line up rite... i figured that out the hard way after 2 weeks of buying new shit i didnt need i decided to check and that was the problem

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know its not getting fuel. I was just wondering why it sounded that way at first, then turned over fine. It didnt do that any other time we turned it over, just when i was filming. doh!

·
turn up tha boost !
Honda
1,193 Posts
I'd make sure it ran before purchasing. Fix the fuel problem to make sure. Do a compression test. A tester is $9 from Harbor Freight

I'd also do all the body work my self and spend up to $500 for all that and that would include a pearl ;)

not a bad deal either way but my concern is to ensure that 20 yr old engine is fully operational. because rebuild parts ain't cheap

good luck

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm getting it from one of my employees, so i'm taking his word on it. IF he lied to me, i can make him suffer. :evilgrin: He says it ran before the fuel pump went out, which is obviously out, i did check that.

It' turns over strong, so i'm hoping for the best. 3rd gear was rebuilt in it not too long ago as well. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts