Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't recommend the Suspension Techniques sway bar kit. Kit was incomplete and poorly engineered.

·
Registered
287 Posts
a little better description would help.. what exactly was bad/missing.. was it different than advertised? got pics?

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I bought a set a few years ago for my accord and it did not have all the parts to mount it to the car. I ended up returning it.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
mine came with everything, pretty good instructions. and was still 100 bucks cheaper than a comptech unit which is almost the same.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
gftgrill said:
mine came with everything, pretty good instructions. and was still 100 bucks cheaper than a comptech unit which is almost the same.
i TOTALLY would recommend their kit; went on with ZERO hitches, performance is sensational, etc

you don't have to, but i went ahead and used the Beaks rear subframe reinforcement kit...sub-frame tears can be a BITCH!

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
we agree with builthatch ---- every track car we have runs ST sway bars. we just did a tech install on them for HCI magazine and the install ( del sol ) went very smooth.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
I'm a rare breed, standing behind my Eibach kit since day one.

I just happen to find the Del Sol drifting videos of Frank Lin, OMG........

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
transzex said:
I'm a rare breed, standing behind my Eibach kit since day one.

I just happen to find the Del Sol drifting videos of Frank Lin, OMG........
I'm a manufacturer rep for Eibach; i can tell you their anti roll kits are fabulous, however..they are just that: kits. you can't select just rear,...or, just front..

·
Registered
345 Posts
gftgrill said:
I would like to hear what problems you've had. I have a ST rear sway/tie bar combo. over a year no problems.

Same here love mine, no probs., and easy install everything was there. 10/10 :smile:

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I see the original poster never came back to defend himself. maybe a mod should change the title to something more positive or just lock the thread.

·
Registered
636 Posts
where do you buy these ?? and woh makes em.. neuspeed and ?

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
gftgrill said:
I see the original poster never came back to defend himself. maybe a mod should change the title to something more positive or just lock the thread.
ehh, the tables turned in the right way, weird thread, but, it's pretty informative for those of us who have been lazy replacing stuff like sway bars, or, those of us who are even to lazy to research such!

zues- sway bars? suspension techniques, progress, beaks...

BTW, an issue with installing big rear aftermarket sway bars that alot of people are unaware of is detailed here-
www.beaksproducts.com

the lower tie bar, such as that pictured in my pic, is made by neuspeed. several manufactuers make this, it's def. IMO not as important to perform that mod as it is installing increased diameter swaybar, especially for the front! personally, i like, for the street, a big front sway bar and a diesel rear sway bar to match.

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
ive been looking at the ST kit for my 89 hatch for a while because of the price so the verdict is theyre worth it????

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
find out before hand the model and if you can get some instructions before purchasing.

I am not a fan of the regular rear sway bar that st sells. it mounts to bottom of the shocks. you have to take the shocks off and turn them around so the nut is facing a certain way.

the one complaint that I had about the ST kit is having to drill a couple of holes in the subframe.

search for a kit that mounts to the factory locations. I think they are much better kits. skunk2 is a good example of this.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts