Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was looking to throw a sway bar kit on my '94 civic DX sedan. The kit I am currently looking at is the Eibach 4017.321 (Amazon.com link below). I have two questions.

First off, when a kit like this one says it is "For Vehicles w/o Factory Front Bar," does that mean that I don't need EX/Si LCA's to mount it?

And, secondly, what is the maximum rear sway bar thickness before requiring a subframe brace? This kit comes with a 17mm rear bar. I haven't been able to find a solid answer to this on the many how-to stickies on various forums.

Eibach 4017.321 Anti-Roll-Kit Front and Rear Performance Sway Bar Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

I am sort of in the preliminary phase of this project, so if you have a better sway bar kit in mind or if you think I missed something, please let me know. Money is sort of tight, but I want to do this right.

Thanks everyone,
Jacob

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
From the Eibach site (regarding that bar kit)

1992 1995 HONDA Civic 2 & 4-door 26mm Front / 17mm Rear
- Excluding Models without factory front bar. To work with models without Factory Front Bars, the OE Lower Control Arm that supports a Front Bar will have to be purchased.

You may have misread or amazon has it wrong.

Now onto something more important...

What is the rest of the setup? Kind of hard for us to make suggestions when you tell us nothing about the car and what you use it for. What makes you think you need sways? What is the car doing?

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My setup is currently stock. Just installed some OE replacement struts about a year ago since the factory originals were a little tired (200,00mi, tired). I plan on doing front/rear sway bars and urethane bushings.

The main reason I am getting sway bars is that I snowboard, and traveling to the mountain in snow is no fun with a car full of people and unrestrained body roll. That, and I live on gravel roads and I must drive 15 miles of hills and curves to get to town.

This is my daily driver, and no I don't plan on racing.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, since that kit won't work, does anyone know of any kits that don't require EX/Si LCAs in the same price range as the above eibach ($260)?

·
Registered
Everything
387 Posts
If your set on getting the Eibach kit. You'll want the kit with no factory swaybay.

If it were me. I'll get Integra 94-01 lca, swaybar and all the required hardware. You should be able to get them for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not really set on the Eibach, I just want a good set of sways without having to go buy 2 new control arms.

Being a college student, every penny saved is something else down the road (up next is a rebuilt EX tranny from synchrotech).

I have seen some how-to threads that show a kit that has end-link receivers that bolt onto the control arms, but they don't provide the model number or price of the kit they used.

That's what I'm looking for.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
If your set on getting the Eibach kit. You'll want the kit with no factory swaybay.

If it were me. I'll get Integra 94-01 lca, swaybar and all the required hardware. You should be able to get them for dirt cheap.
X2

I'm in the process of doing the front integra lca swap with the stock integra sway bar for my dx hatch.

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you guys getting your LCAs from? All the local scrapyards get picked clean as far as Hondas go. Buying EX/Si LCAs new is $60/ea.

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll take a little understeer in return for stiffened suspension.

So, it looks like I'll be scraping together some more money to get the LCAs as well.

Thanks everyone!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,762 Posts
With the original Eibach DX kit with no front or rear bars, everything you need is included for the DX front LCA's, and rear LCA's

Does Eibach still sell that kit I dunno, I know it took me several phone calls in the mid 1990's to get the right info.

Eibach kit on my 93 DX HB from the rear

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
transzex, you wouldn't happen to remember the model number, would you? It's a long shot since they've probably changed them by now, but it's worth a shot.

I will call them up sometime in the next few days and see if they still have such a kit.

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just bought two used Integra LCAs. Now I just need the sway bars and some urethane bushings.

Reactions: AJAY
1 - 13 of 13 Posts