Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,got a manual trans with me but want to swap it in a ep japan version d17 automatic.is there any type of modification that I should be worried about?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
so you have an EP chassis that is currently an automatic d17, and you want to convert to a manual transmission?

First step would be to decide if you are okay with a check engine light, or if you can deal with the hassle of leaving the car at a honda dealership to deal with programming the immobilizer once you install the manual ecu.

Other than that, you will need to figure out the steps to trick the car into thinking you are in park or neutral, as the car will not start until it is satisfied.

On older civics, merely bridging the correct wires at the shifter connector worked.

No idea on 7th gen.

You also need to see if you have a factory provided location to mount the clutch master too. Again, older civics simply had a plug where it was on auto cars. Again, no idea on 7th gen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got one more question.I've noticed that the shifter on the ep is a is more upwards.for the shifter lever do I need to install the coupe lever or do i need a special type of lever to put on it

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Since the EP chassis has the shifter mounted up higher, you will most likely need to use another EP shifter.

While I could be wrong, I certainly have no clue, so maybe open up a few OEM honda parts websites, and see if any of the aprts are similar.

Who knows, maybe honda saved some money, re-used the shifter box, and simpyl put on that crazy bent shift lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts