Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just purchased a hx, yeah i know after readin the boards most of you would say swap out the engine or atleast just the head.what i was wanting to do is atleast swap out the intake mani with a y8 an change out the tb. but in doing this am i going to be gettin any cels in changin out the im....its a manual so i dont know if it has the egr...any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
156 Posts
you'll throw a cel for the egr, and the manifolds are different too, i believe the runners are bit smaller on the y5 than the y8 manifold...they look identical but are different...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Different problem same highway

I have a diff issue going down the same road, I have an ex with an hx motor and it does throw a cel, sometimes in one day, sometimes one week. I am thinking of swapping the im then the head. keep me posted maybe we can figure this issue out?

·
Registered
325 Posts
y5/y8 manifolds do look alot alike ...y5 has an EGR valve and EGR valve chamber

as the y8 does not. If you swap the manifold you are going to see a cel for the egr valve.
I know this is dumb, but I've never actually thought about this: Is there really any harm in throwing a cel if you switch IMs?
-d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts