Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm planning on swapping a d16y8 into my 95 del sol si in place of the D16z6 currently in there.
I did some searching and I just want confirmation that this info is correct:
I could swap in the d16y8 and keep the d16z6 distributor and pretty much everything else, including the ECU? Except for the intake manifold, I do have a d16y8 intake manifold that will go along with the engine.
Everything will be left stock, also no FI.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
3,888 Posts
you could swap block for block and keep all other stuff like intake mani and all that. the dizzy is going to have mounting issues being that the z6 dizzy has odd bolt holes as compared to the other d motors. other than that keep all stuff already on the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could swap block for block and keep all other stuff like intake mani and all that. the dizzy is going to have mounting issues being that the z6 dizzy has odd bolt holes as compared to the other d motors. other than that keep all stuff already on the car.
I might have a spare dizzy from a d15b7.. Would that mount directly to the d16y8 engine?
And rep for answer :)

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
keep the z6 head, put the z6 head onto the y8 block, and be done... use the z6 ecu... that way you can still use the z6 dizzy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
keep the z6 head, put the z6 head onto the y8 block, and be done... use the z6 ecu... that way you can still use the z6 dizzy
The d16z6 is pretty much toast and i'm probably gonna scrap it once I'm done the swap.
So this is what I'll do:
D16y8 head, block, and intake manifold
D15b7 dizzy
Everything else will be from my D16z6 including the ECU
No adapters I have to get or any tricks to it right?
Appreciate the replies guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts