Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am 99% sure I can do this, but want confirmation. Please keep in mind this is for an oval track set up and I am only looking for help if this can be done, and not asking questions as to why I am doing this. I am doing this so I can run any track in the area without changing transmissions and rev to about 7200-7400 at any track.

Car is 91 Civic Hatch with cable trans

My current set up:

91 Si trans

What I want to do is the following

I believe what I would do is use the 4spd main and counter shafts, install the 3rd and 4th gears onto those shafts, install collars again and then put the shafts into the SI case with SI FD and then shim the main or counter shafts(pls clarify).

Can this be done? Thanks in advance!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,429 Posts
while possible it is a bad idea.

You'd end up with a three speed tranny since HF/STD 2nd is nearly identical as MF 3rd.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok. My main reason for doing this is because I only ever run in 1 gear at a time. By having these gears,I can go to any track in Ontario and run my car on the oval track and be hitting 7200-7400 at any track. The restarts may suck a little bit, but overall it will be best for me to do this gearing if possible. Can you help me out on what I would need to do for it to work??

Thanks Bone!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,429 Posts
You should have explained that in the first post, damn roundy round cars!

Now I need to know what gears you are running now at which track and rpms turning, restarts in which gear????

I built a F Prod gearbox for Lee Grimes of Koni USA. His major complaint is most restarts are at the top of second gear on a CRX Si box. So in went HF/STD 1-2 but kept the normal 3-4-5 combo. He'll have a good 5-7 seconds of pull in second gear on restarts then a very quick shift into third, then race only using 3-4-5 as normal...mind you he's also running on 20x9x13" Goodyear slicks.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris..probably went to my hotmail. I will check it when i get home. I also sent you a email today from work. Thanks man!

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
I'll try to check mine before you get home. :p

Have to run out and pickup some stuff from the machine shop and find some oddball size allen screws before everywhere closes for the day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts