Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just been told that if i replace the engine and the ecu in my 97 ek hatch that the keys will need changing/re-coding to work the immobilser, has anybody every done an engine + ecu swap and found the immobiliser a problem?

·
Registered
943 Posts
ive just been told that if i replace the engine and the ecu in my 97 ek hatch that the keys will need changing/re-coding to work the immobilser, has anybody every done an engine + ecu swap and found the immobiliser a problem?
It depends on what ecu you plan on using. Civics in the USA didn't have immobi systems until 2001.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are ways to disable the immobilizer, they do it on Pigludes.
how would i disable it, or do you have a website link i can follow?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the d14a4 in my 97 ek, im changing to the d15z6 from a 98 ek so same series.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
england.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Going obd1 to d14a4/3 engine is not so easy as to other honda engines. Apart from the harness you need another dizzy, sensors, TB, and IMO

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
hmm i was wondering the same for me. car is a 97 ex with the in key immobiliser but i was wondering if i could go obd1 and of course chip and KEEP the immobiliser.. ive no idea where the control box for the immobiliser is.. usually in the head unit no? if it has anything to do with the ecu i may have a problem...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the immobiliser on the ek hatch is in a combination of 3, you have the chip in the key, a transponder unit under the dash on the driver side (small black box as im told) and then you have it programmed into the ecu aswell, so im not sure how you would convert to obd1 and keep the honda immobiliser as obd1 ecus dont have it programmed in.

i dont fancy converting to obd1 as its not too simple and in the uk its actually illegal as far as i know. all i want to do for now is remove/disable the immobiliser, if anybody knows how to do this let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts