Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Honda logo 1.3 and want to use a d14 ecu to increase the rev limit and if it is possible do i need to change immobiliser transponder and keys or will my old ones still work

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
Not a usdm car, please list detail of the car so we don't have to research to help, what is the year, engine code and current ecu part number?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Exactly what I thought too.

On another note, can 01+ ecu's be swapped from vehicle to vehicle or are they coded to the VIN?
I believe there VIN coded. not 100% sure. But i remember doing an obd2 scan and it can pull the VIN. Most cars that you can pull the VIN from the scan port are coded.

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
Now I'm really curious please provide engine pictures, and if you can good clear shots of the ecu with wire connectors and also if possible a picture of the ecu board with the top lid off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car is from the uk but its sold mainly in japan and most of europe the engine looks the same as any other d series and I'll try and get some pictures of the ecu at the weekend

·
Registered
35 Posts
news to me. my 98 doesnt.
I thought it was 01 n up
Well they're not in the US. The site is ".at" --> here in Europe, most or all 96+ Hondas do have an immobilizer..

For the Logo: Why on Earth would you want to use a wrong ECU with a wrong wrong fuel injection map and wrong ignition timings for the D13 just to increase the rev limit (which is 6900 for the D14)? You know that power output drops again in RPM higher than where pmax is?

Your ECU plugs and the rest should be OBD2b - with a 3 wire IACV. Guess you could swap an EJ9 99/00 Facelift (D14Z1/Z2) ECU right in if you wanted to. Should check the wires though, to see if there are any differences compared to the normal OBD2b Pinout. You can most likely solder in your immobilizer board into the D14 ECU as you will pretty sure have the 12 pin HIC-RL01 or -FX01 (just open up the ECU and check).
Anyways, I still do not recommend that if you don't intend to swap the whole engine along with the ECU. It would surely run poorly (always too rich) and in the long run, damage the engine.

Get yourself a 96-00 D14 engine (they're cheap! and already 90hp with the right throttle body gasket) and a 99/00 EJ9 ECU (preferably 90hp PHX-**) ECU, your plugs will fit right into it.
Bolt a D16Y8 (or MB/MC Civic intake manifold) and ESi exhaust manifold to it, add a somewhat bigger exhaust system (about 51mm inner diameter like the EK4 will do best for the D14), maybe a 200 cell catalytic converter and be happy with something about 100-110hp. Or bolt a VTEC head on to that and use a P28 to tune.
Or better, just forget the whole D14 thing and put a D16Y8 in. :D

By the way, where are you from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im from the uk and to bolt a d16y8 in is a bit of a job as wiring is different aparently. Not sure what is different

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same job like fitting in a D14. And a D13 with a wrong ECU (D14) does not make any sense at all.. ;)

I know someone here in Germany who put a D15B7 with a D16Z6 head in his Logo. He built himself a "homemade" engine wire harness by soldering OBD1 ECU plugs (and those in the engine bay who were different) to the Logo harness because he didn't want to buy an OBD conversion harness. Runs well on a tuned P28.

You will have less work with it though. The only things I know about so far are that you have to change the IACV plug and add a wire to the distributor plug to get the Y8 running with a conversion harness (OBD2b to OBD2a ones are a little expensive though) and its original OBD2a ECU. I'll ask that guy if he had anything else to change about the sensor plugs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts